Available from 01/09/22
Buy this and your school gets $4.35 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
Transform your literacy outcomes and engage your whole school in reading. Inspire and delight your children with contemporary, diverse and engaging texts that will spark a lifelong love of reading for pleasure.
Get the most out of best-loved children’s books with our bestselling Read & Respond series – the perfect way to explore favourite stories in your classroom. This resource book brings you a wealth of inspiring activities, discussion ideas and guided reading notes based on The Proudest Blue by Ibtihaj Muhammad and S.K. Ali.
- Stimulating content mapped to curriculum objectives
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling section
- Shared reading and whole-class guided reading section including non-fiction extracts
- Time-saving lesson plans, activities and assessments
- Huge variety of speaking, listening and creative activities.
Our Read & Respond series now has a dedicated online space containing:
- Curriculum and teaching overviews with recommendations on books to read for pleasure
- Classic small-group guided reading notes and resources
- Teaching reading resources such as ideas for vocabulary and fluency
Read & Respond helps you build a whole-school literacy programme based on timeless children’s stories, chosen to inspire reading for pleasure. Fun-filled activities help children to fully engage with each story, encouraging a love of reading and building a range of skills.
- Underpinned by a wealth of research the teacher’s guides provide activities with a strong focus on all of the ‘big five’ plus oracy and reading for pleasure, as well as concentration on grammar, punctuation & spelling and writing
- Foster reading for pleasure with stories from acclaimed and award-winning authors
- Prepare with confidence with essential teacher’s books and supportive resources
- Save hours of preparation time with ready-to-use print and digital resources
- Boost guided reading in every year group with detailed teachers notes.
PRAISE FOR READ & RESPOND
‘The resources are wonderful. I like the fact that it has a mix of fiction and non-fiction activities … and how material can link to other areas of the curriculum, not just literacy.’ Miss North, teacher
‘Reading for enjoyment and writing for enjoyment are two of the most powerful ways of getting children interested in books. Read & Respond provides exactly this.’ Michael Morpurgo, author
‘[Read and Respond] makes it easy to explore texts fully and ensure that the children want to keep on reading more.’ Chris Flanagan, Primary teacher.