Connectors Orange: Shark Nets x 6 Pack
Due to rights restrictions, this product can only be delivered to a school address.
Buy this and your school gets $15.66 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Narrow the attainment gap with reciprocal reading. Our groundbreaking Connectors series uses peer-to-peer learning strategies that include every child – with proven results.
- High-impact methods proven in case studies and recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by an average of 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Ideal for small group teaching at different ability levels
- Case studies show particular benefits for disadvantaged learners
- A great way to make your Pupil Premium go further
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together. Clear prompts show the leader how to focus the discussion and engage their team members to predict outcomes, clarify issues, ask questions and evaluate content.
This collaborative approach builds teamwork, speaking, listening, comprehension and evaluation skills. It also promotes metacognition and peer-to-peer learning: two strategies identified by the Education Endowment Foundation as being particularly effective for disadvantaged children.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability, with the greatest benefits among children on Free School Meals. These pupils showed a reading age increase of over 10 months on average – all in just 12 weeks.
This six-copy pack of a non-fiction title is ideal for readers at Book Band Orange.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task. She said the system obviously works really well for children because everybody was focused.” Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
6booksConnectors Emerald: Caring for Others x 6
6copiesThe Barnabus Project x6
6copiesBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? x 6
6booksConnectors Gold: A Taste of Terror x 6
6booksConnectors Gold: Shark Hunting x 6
6booksConnectors Turquoise: Crossing the River x 6
6booksConnectors Silver: Strange Call Outs x 6
6booksConnectors Gold: Down the Drain x 6
- Katie Morag and the Two Grandmothers
6booksConnectors Purple: Sam's Story x 6
6booksConnectors Sapphire: Ancient Navigators x 6
6booksConnectors Ruby: Leaving Home x 6
6booksConnectors Silver: Fascinating Feet x 6
6copiesThe Lion Inside x 6
6booksConnectors Emerald: Small But Deadly Dangerous x 6
6booksConnectors Purple: Rumbling Giants x 6
6booksConnectors Ruby: Dumped Food x 6
Where, Oh Where, is Rosie's Chick?
- Usborne Picture Books: The Magic Porridge Pot
- Hey Little Bug! Poems for Little Creatures
- The Oxford Treasury of Nursery Rhymes
You Choose Fairy Tales
Good Little Wolf
6booksConnectors Sapphire: The Mysteries of Rapa Nui x 6
- The Pea and the Princess
- My Best Friend: My Best Friend on the Titanic
- The Train Ride
- Woolly Bear Caterpillar
- Lift-the-Flap Questions and Answers About Dinosaurs
- Farmer Duck