Connectors Turquoise: Almost Gone x 6 Pack
Due to rights restrictions, this product can only be delivered to a school address.
Buy this and your school gets $10.44 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Narrow the attainment gap with reciprocal reading. Our groundbreaking Connectors series uses peer-to-peer learning strategies that include every child – with proven results.
- High-impact methods proven in case studies and recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by an average of 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Ideal for small group teaching at different ability levels
- Case studies show particular benefits for disadvantaged learners
- A great way to make your Pupil Premium go further
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together. Clear prompts show the leader how to focus the discussion and engage their team members to predict outcomes, clarify issues, ask questions and evaluate content.
This collaborative approach builds teamwork, speaking, listening, comprehension and evaluation skills. It also promotes metacognition and peer-to-peer learning: two strategies identified by the Education Endowment Foundation as being particularly effective for disadvantaged children.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability, with the greatest benefits among children on Free School Meals. These pupils showed a reading age increase of over 10 months on average – all in just 12 weeks.
This six-copy pack of a non-fiction title is ideal for readers at Book Band Turquoise.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task. She said the system obviously works really well for children because everybody was focused.” Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
6booksConnectors Purple: Skycar x 6
6booksConnectors Turquoise: One of a Kind x 6
6copiesPM Green: Bicycle Safety (PM Stars) Level 14/15 x 6
6copiesPM Green: Roads (PM Stars) Level 14/15
6copiesPM Green: A Map of Sunny Hill (PM Stars) Level 14/15 x 6
6copiesPM Orange: The Goats in the Turnip Field (PM Plus Storybooks) Level 15 x 6
6copiesPM Green: The House of Bricks (PM Stars) Level 13 x 6
- PM Purple: Two Red Tugs (PM Storybooks) Level 20
- PM Turquoise: Riding to Craggy Rock (PM Storybooks) Level 18
- PM Turquoise: Bird's Eye View (PM Storybooks) Levels 17, 18
- PM Turquoise: The Seat Belt Song (PM Storybooks) Levels 17, 18
- PM Orange: The Gingerbread Man (PM Traditional Tales and Plays) Level 15
- PM Turquoise: A Surprise for Zac (PM Plus Storybooks) Level 17
- PM Orange: The Lions and the Buffaloes (PM Plus Storybooks) Level 16
1000copiesReading Rewards Stickers x 1000
- Scholastic Professional: The Fluent Reader, 2nd Edition
- Scholastic Professional: It's Not Complicated
- Scholastic Professional: Expect the Most, Provide the Best
- PM Orange: Chicken Licken (PM Traditional Tales and Plays) Level 15
- PM Orange: The Work Helicopter (PM Plus Storybooks) Level 16
- PM Gold: Foxes (PM Non-fiction) Level 22
- PM Gold: Solo Flyer (PM Storybooks) Level 21
- PM Blue: Long Bike (PM Photo Stories) Level 10
- PM Turquoise: The Race to Green End (PM Storybooks) Level 18
- PM Orange: A Bike for Alex (PM Plus Storybooks) Level 15
- PM Orange: The Big Bad Wolf (PM Plus Storybooks) Level 16
- PM Purple: The Hare and the Tortoise (PM Traditional Tales and Plays) Levels 19, 20
- PM Purple: Sly Fox and Little Red Hen (PM Traditional Tales and Plays) Levels 19, 20
- PM Purple: How Animals Move Around (PM Plus Non-fiction) Levels 20, 21
- PM Turquoise: On the Road (PM Non-fiction) Levels 18, 19