Read & Respond
Get the most out of best-loved children’s books with this bestselling series – the perfect way to explore favourite stories in your classroom. A wealth of inspiring activities, discussion ideas and guided reading sessions based on books that children love to read and teachers love to teach.
- Build a whole-school literacy programme based on timeless children’s books
- Foster reading for pleasure with inspiring stories by major authors
- Boost guided reading in every year group with detailed sessions and notes
- Save time with ready-to-use lesson plans, activities and digital resources
- Implement Read & Respond across your school with handy planning resources
Each Read & Respond teacher book helps you explore a classic or favourite story in your classroom, with dozens of teaching ideas and activities that boost reading, writing, speaking, listening and comprehension skills. There are also guided reading notes, writing projects and creative projects to have fun with.
Our Planning Guide provides a suggested teaching structure for Years 1-6, helping you use the series as a whole-school literacy programme.
There are also Guided Reading books for all primary age groups, each containing in-depth guided reading sessions based on six of the most popular books in the Read & Respond range.
Finally, you can also buy the original children’s books that form the basis for the series in multipacks of 6 or 30 copies – perfect for group reading.
Try before you buy with free sample pages and first chapters, and download free classroom resources, activity sheets, quizzes and much more.