The Story of the Windrush
Buy this and your school gets $1.97 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The story before the scandal.A book to celebrate the inspiring legacy of the Windrush pioneers. In June 1948, hundreds of Caribbean men, women and children arrived in London on a ship called the HMTEmpire Windrush. Although there were already Black people living in Britain at the time, this event marks the beginning of modern Black Britain.
- Combining historical fact with voices from the Windrush Generation, this book sensitively tells the inspiring story of the Windrush Generation pioneers for younger readers.
October 1st, 2020
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
3booksAdam Baron Pack x3
Mortal Engines Quartet #1: Mortal Engines
6copiesThe Clockwork Crow x 6
A Sally Lockhart Mystery #3: The Tiger in the Well
- Collins Primary Spanish Dictionary
- Counting on Katherine
4booksWomen Trailblazers Pack x 4
30copiesGreek Myths x 30
- Fast Forward Turquoise: Great Plague of London (Non-fiction) Level 18
12booksBooks About Disabilities KS1 Pack
- The Boy at the Back of the Class
Overheard in a Tower Block
4booksKate Saunders Pack x 4
- Alex Rider: The Complete Missions 1-11
- Adventures on Trains #1: The Highland Falcon Thief
- Young, Gifted and Black
Shoe Wars (the laugh-out-loud, packed-with-pictures new adventure from the creator of Tom Gates)
- Grandad Mandela
- Voices #4: Empire's End - A Roman Story
The Skylarks' War
Here in the Real World
5booksFunny Upper KS2 Pack x 5
- The Battle of the Beetles #1: Beetle Boy
11booksScholastic Classics x11
- All Because You Matter
14booksBooks About Disabilities KS2 Pack
3booksBad Mermaids Pack x 3
- The Legends of Eerie-on-Sea #2: Gargantis
Football Legends: Tammy Abraham