This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
- All About You > Families
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- Award Winners
- English > Reading for Pleasure
- English > Reading > Top 100 Books for Teens
- English > Reading > Top 100 Children's Books
- Fiction > Historical Fiction
- History > Second World War
- Theme Days, Weeks and Months > Remembrance Day
- War and Combat
When World War II thrusts scrawny evacuee Willie Beech into the care of a gruff old man, an unlikely bond flourishes between them. But as Willie enjoys his first ever taste of human kindness, suddenly his happiness comes under threat again… This heartwarming classic tells a moving and memorable tale of friendship against all the odds, set against a stunning wartime backdrop.
Winner of the Guardian Children’s Fiction Award.
“A marvellous story that knows just how to grab the emotions.” Guardian