Buy this and your school gets $4.16 to spend on books
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
Discover how to train your brain and become the best you can be in this empowering and inclusive guide by the nation’s favourite doctor, Dr Ranj.
Brains don’t look like much, do they? A touch of slime here, some squishy grey stuff there. But in fact, your brain is more powerful than any supercomputer, and it is completely fascinating. Have you ever wondered why you’re left-handed? Or why you have dreams? Or what causes pins and needles?
I’ll tell you what else: your brain is completely unique. That’s right: no one else has a brain quite like yours.
So if you want to learn how to make the most of YOUR brain, this is the book for you. It doesn’t just explain how the brain works. It’ll teach you how to train your brain to get better at stuff you find difficult. It’ll show you how different people think in different ways and why that makes each person so special. It’ll help you keep your mind happy and healthy. Because when that brilliant brain of yours is in tip-top condition, you can be the BEST version of you.
You’ll discover: - Why some skills come to you more easily than others - How to cope with knockbacks and improve on the difficult stuff - Why we feel certain emotions and how to manage the difficult ones - How to keep your brain in top condition for learning - Why looking after your mind is the key to growing up happy
Including insights from neurodiverse young people, the book also features bright two-colour illustrations from David O’Connell and dyslexia-friendly design. NHS paediatrician and Sunday Times bestselling author of How to Grow Up and Feel Amazing, Dr Ranj, is here to inspire ALL young readers to love themselves, however their brains work.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- The Problem with Problems
- How Not to Lose It: Mental Health Sorted
- Mindful Monsters: Roar Your Worries Away
- The Roots of Rap
- Basher Basics: Punctuation
Get Ahead in Computing: Super Social Media and Awesome Online Safety
- Fast Forward Orange: Walking on the Moon (Non-fiction) Level 15
- Get Ahead in Computing: Webpage Design
- The Top Secret History of Codes and Codebreaking
- Go Big: The Secondary School Survival Guide
- Omari McQueen's Best Bites Cookbook
6booksFind Out About Pack x 6
- Stormzy: The Ultimate Fan Book (100% Unofficial)
- Dare to Be You
- The Land and the People: Japan
10booksScience Essentials Key Stage 2 Pack x 10
4booksScience Builders Pack x 4
- If I Ran the Country
The Rollercoaster Boy
6booksMy First Book of Nature Pack x 6
- How To Change The World
- Why Do We Remember? Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot
- Discover the Vikings: Warriors, Exploration and Trade
- Lift-the-Flap First Questions and Answers: Why Do We Need Trees?
- Found! Roman Britain
- See Inside: How Things Work
- Ancient Egypt: Gods, Pharaohs and Cats!
Poems to Perform
5booksIn Training: STEM Jobs Pack x 5
- Planet Greta: How Greta Thunberg Wants You to Help Her Save Our Planet