Buy this and your school gets $2.15 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
Shortlisted for the Books Are My Bag Reader Awards 2019.
A passionate poetry novel about a gay drag artist finding his wings. Sometimes courage is wearing pink feathers and parading in flamboyant colour… Growing up isn’t easy: school, friendship, first love, one day leaving home. And for the boy in this book, there’s the added complexity of coming to terms with his identity as a mixed-race gay teenager. Until, at university, he finds his wings as a drag artist, The Black Flamingo. In the past, he’s been laughed at and put down. Now he masquerades in makeup and pink feathers, and he is applauded…
- A bold, joyful story about embracing your uniqueness
- Fiercely told in lyrical free verse by top poet Dean Atta
- For fans of Sarah Crossan, Kwame Alexander and The Poet X
- Dean Atta is one of the most exciting poets in the UK today
- His work explores topics of race, gender and LGBTQ+ identity
- He was named “one of poetry’s greatest modern voices” by Gay Times
*Please note this book contains mature content and language more suitable for older readers.
This product has not been reviewed yet.