You Will Be Okay
Buy this and your school gets $2.77 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
“Grief is a tricky subject to explain to kids, but this book is a wonderful go-to expert toolkit!” Dr Ranj Singh
The death of a parent, sibling or friend is one of the most traumatic experiences for a child or young person and it can be hard to know how to talk to them about it. In this honest, comforting and strength-building guide Julie Stokes, a clinical psychologist and founder of childhood bereavement charity Winston’s Wish, provides readers with the tools they need to navigate this tough and turbulent time.
Readers will discover the stories of other people who have been through grief themselves. They will learn how to flex their ‘grief muscles’ in order to develop confidence, trust, grit, a resilient mindset and flexible feelings – the ability to notice, accept and talk about emotions when they choose to. And packed with practical exercises, such as creating memory boxes and managing different kinds of memories using ‘memory stones’, this guide will give readers helpful ways to manage their grief so they can begin to move forward with life.
Because there is no right or wrong way to grieve, you just need to find your own way.
“The book I wish someone had read with me when I was young” Kristin Scott Thomas
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Happy Puppy, Happy Dog: How to Train Your Best Friend
- How I Became a Dog Called Midnight
- Unicorn Academy: Ivy and Flame
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts: A Cinematic Yearbook
Not If I Can Help It
- Blossom Wood: Owls of Blossom Wood Pack x 6
- Friends: The Official Friends Coloring Book: The One with 100 Images to Color
- Diary of a Christmas Elf
- Christmas Jumper Colouring Book
- Captain Underpants TV: Xtreme Xploits of the Xplosive Xmas
- The Puppies of Blossom Meadow: Mischief and Magic (Puppies of Blossom Meadow #2)
- Scholastic Classics: Irish Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends
- My Book of Rocks and Minerals
4booksPurrmaids Pack x 4
7booksHarry Potter Pack x 7
- Scholastic Classics: A Christmas Carol