Buy this and your school gets $2.03 to spend on books
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
‘A heart-warming story packed with Second World War detail’ – Daily Express
‘Carrie’s War for a new generation of children’ – Belfast Telagraph
Award-winning, bestselling and beloved author Jacqueline Wilson pens an unforgettable story about the confusion and loneliness of a World War II evacuee, with a moving and hopeful friendship at its centre.
September, 1939: At the breakout of the Second World War , ten-year-old Shirley is sent away on a train. She doesn’t know where she’s going, or what’s going to happen to her when she gets there. All she has been told is that she’s going on ‘a little holiday’.
She soon finds herself lodged deep in the countryside, with two boys from the East End of London, Kevin and Archie. But here, living in the strange, half-empty Red House with the mysterious and reclusive Mrs Waverley, the children’s lives will be changed for ever.
‘So good, I couldn’t put it down.’ – Reader review, BookTrust
‘The reigning queen of British children’s fiction, Jacqueline Wilson, turns to the second World War with Wave Me Goodbye . . .The story handles the balance of big worries – the war – with the smaller details of what it means to be separated from one’s family while life still goes on.’ – The Irish Times
February 1st, 2018
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Jacky Daydream
We Are the Beaker Girls
Mortal Engines Quartet #1: Mortal Engines
- Hetty Feather
- Tom Gates #3: Everything's Amazing (sort of)
The Queen's Nose
Tom Gates #2: Excellent Excuses (And Other Good Stuff)
- Britain in the Past: The Bronze Age
- The Secret of Nightingale Wood
- Newpapers from History: Anglo-Saxon Times
- Michael Morpurgo: War Child to War Horse
- Found! Vikings
- Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Prehistoric Sites
- Britain in the Past: The Iron Age
- The Land and the People: India
Wizards of Once: Knock Three Times
- Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Anglo-Saxon Sites
- My Best Friend: My Best Friend the Evacuee
- Wolfe & Lamb #1: Kat Wolfe Investigates
- Wed Wabbit
- The Young Magicians and the Thieves' Almanac
- Real-Life Stories: David Walliams
6booksReal Reads: Charles Dickens Pack x 6
- The Accidental President
Future Ratboy and the Invasion of the Nom Noms
- David Walliams and Tony Ross Pack
- The Parker Inheritance
3booksSita Brahmachari Pack x 3