Buy this and your school gets $2.03 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
- All About You > Diversity
- All About You > Families
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- English > Reading for Pleasure
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- English > Reading > Pie Corbett's Page-turners
- Fiction > Historical Fiction
- History > Second World War
- Mysteries and Thrillers
Looking for the perfect nostalgia read to while away lazy summer days? Try this wartime mystery set by the Devon seaside. Think Enid Blyton crossed with Goodnight Mr Tom – but with a dark seam of real danger. Enjoy! (You absolutely will.) London, 1941. Bombs are dropping from the sky like pennies from a jar when Olive and her little brother, Cliff, are evacuated to Devon. Where will they end up? How about – living in a lighthouse? Envy!! It’s just a shame the lighthouse keeper doesn’t really like kids. To win him round, Olive becomes his post-girl, carrying letters to the village. But one day Olive finds a coded note hinting at a dark and deadly secret. A secret linked to her big sister Suzie, who vanished in a London air raid months ago…
- A wartime seaside mystery full of breathless danger
- Gripping plot that shuttles from London to coastal Devon
- By the author of Frost Hollow Hall and Strange Star
- “An adventure of old-fashioned charm” – Sunday Times
July 6th, 2017
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 4.9; Middle years; 8.0 points
- 304 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.