The Cost of Knowing
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
From the acclaimed author of SLAY, comes a gripping novel, about brothers, grief, and what it means to be a young Black man in America. For fans of Dear Martin and They Both Die at the End.
Sixteen year old Alex Rufus lives with his younger brother, Isaiah, in a quiet neighbourhood in Chicago. But recently their neighbours have started calling the cops on anyone who doesn’t look like their version of safe.
Alex starts avoiding his neighbourhood by taking on more shifts at the local ice-cream shop, Scoops, and spending time with his girlfriend, Talia. But when Alex picks up an old family photo, everything changes: he has an intense vision that Isaiah might die.
Alex wants to save Isaiah, but he knows the dangers of the future. How will he protect his brother when the street they grew up on doesn’t feel like home anymore?
A story that speaks to hard truths about race, prejudice, and the inherent injustice that permeates the world we live in.
March 4th, 2021
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Pippa Morgan's Diary #3: Isle of Fright
- Concrete Rose
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken
- Scholastic Classics: Sense and Sensibility
- Scholastic Classics: The Time Machine
10booksUltimate Football Heroes x10
- Run, Rebel
- EDGE: Slipstream Graphic Fiction Level 1: The Deciders
- The Black Kids
- EDGE: Slipstream Graphic Fiction Level 1: Future Tense
- Scholastic Classics: Pollyanna
3booksDark Matter Trilogy
- Scholastic Classics: Pride and Prejudice
The Gilded Ones
- This Wonderful Thing
12booksBlack Lives Pack
- Scholastic Classics: Romeo and Juliet
- Oh My Gods
The Life I'm In
- On the Come Up
Last One To Die
All American Boys
3booksSophie Anderson Pack x 3
- Stormzy: The Ultimate Fan Book (100% Unofficial)
They Wish They Were Us (the gripping, read-in-one-sitting new murder mystery)