Buy this and your school gets $12.16 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Utterly essential. The stirring tale of the Remembrance Day poppy, told by the author of War Horse. In 1915, in war-torn Belgium, a soldier named John McCrae writes the famous poem In Flanders Fields. But neither he nor the local village girl who saves a discarded draft of it has any idea of the huge power it will exert on generations to come… Michael Morpurgo teams up once again with master illustrator Michael Foreman to tell a haunting story from the First World War trenches. And who better to tell it than this legendary duo? A story about remembrance. A book you’ll never forget.
- A haunting tale of remembrance by a legendary team
- Explains the origin and legacy of the poppy symbol
- By the author of War Horse and Private Peaceful
- Beautiful illustrations by the creator of War Game
Supplied as a pack of six copies.
50p per paperback from the sale of POPPY FIELD in the UK will be paid to Royal British Legion Trading Limited which gives its taxable profits to The Royal British Legion (Charity no. 219279).
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
30copiesCogheart x 30
6copiesThe Boy With One Name x 6
6copiesBrightstorm: A Sky-Ship Adventure x 6
6copiesNight Bus Hero x6
6copiesThe Girl of Ink and Stars x 6
6copiesThe Firework-Maker's Daughter x 6
6copiesJourney to the River Sea x 6
- Read & Respond: Poppy Field
6copiesWonder x 6
- Read & Respond: The Lighthouse Keeper's Lunch
- Read & Respond: George's Marvellous Medicine
30copiesThe Boy at the Back of the Class x 30
- Read & Respond: The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark
- Read & Respond: The Hodgeheg
- Read & Respond: The Iron Man
6copiesThe Iron Man x 6
The Smeds and Smoos Early Reader
Book of the month
- I Survived: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912