Mr Gum #5: Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear
Buy this and your school gets $2.03 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Completely hilarious … kind of The League of Gentlemen for kids’ Zoe Ball
Shabba me whiskers! It’s a bold new look for Mr Gum, the best-selling cult classic, ready for a new generation of nibbleheads.
Good evening. Do you like bears called Padlock? Course you do. Do you like hot-air balloons? Course you do. Do you like tall sailing ships with mad sea captains, and horrifying old villains and words like ‘wab!’, ‘tungler’ and ‘kelp’? COURSE you do! Well, guess what, THE TRUTH IS A LEMON MERINGUE.
Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear is the fifth book in the internationally best-selling series by Andy Stanton, which has won everything from the Blue Peter Book Award (twice) to the Roald Dahl Funny Prize and the Red House Children’s Book Award.
Don’t miss Mr Gum’s other villainously brilliant adventures…
You’re a Bad Man, Mr Gum!
Mr Gum and the Biscuit Billionaire
Mr Gum and the Goblins
Mr Gum and the Power Crystals
Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear
What’s for Dinner, Mr Gum?
Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree
Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout
Andy Stanton studied English at Oxford but they kicked him out. Before becoming a children’s writer he was a film script reader, a market researcher, an NHS lackey, a part-time sparrow and a grape. He is best known for the hilarious, bestselling and award-winning Mr Gum series and has also written picture books, including Danny McGee Drinks the Sea. Andy lives in North London and likes cartoons, books and music (even jazz).
David Tazzyman studied illustration at Manchester Metropolitan University. As well as illustrating the Mr Gum series, he has illustrated many picture books Eleanor’s Eyebrows, You Can’t Take an Elephant on the Bus, Michael Rosen’s Jelly Boots, Smelly Boots and My Mum’s Growing Down by Laura Dockrill. He lives in Leicester with his wife and three sons.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
11booksBarrington Stoke Teen Pack
EDGE: Slipstream Short Fiction Level 1: Robbed!
- Voices #3: Son of the Circus - A Victorian Story
- The Works 4
6copiesCat Tales: Ice Cat x 6
- Get Me Out of Here!
- The Puffin Book of Fantastic First Poems
- The Works: Key Stage 2
- I Bet I Can Make You Laugh: The Funniest Poems Around
- The Puffin Book of Utterly Brilliant Poetry
- Talking Turkeys
- EDGE: Slipstream Graphic Fiction Level 1: The Deciders
- EDGE: Slipstream Graphic Fiction Level 1: Future Tense
- Rainbow Magic Special: Sasha the Slime Fairy
- EDGE: Slipstream Short Fiction Level 1: Walk Into Danger
- Acorn: Hello, Crabby!
- Bella Broomstick #1: Bella Broomstick
- EDGE: Slipstream Short Fiction Level 1: Unarmed and Dangerous
- Mr Gum #1: You're a Bad Man, Mr Gum!
- The Oxford Treasury of Nursery Rhymes
- Aru Shah and the End of Time
Acorn: A Friend for Dragon
- Silly Billy
- Ninja Kid: From Nerd to Ninja
6booksSam Wu Pack
- The Works: Key Stage 1
There's a Bear on My Chair
- Mrs Pepperpot Stories
- The Accidental President