Horrible Science: Chemical Chaos
This product is not currently available.
Other formats and editions:
|Paperback, Feb 2008||Available in pack|
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Chemistry. It’s the most horrible part of science. The part that’s most likely to make you say “UGH.” Chemistry can cause chaos in your brain. Even your teacher knows it! But let’s forget the fiendish formulas for now, and take a look at the nasty bits you REALLY want to know about – the nasty bubbling green mixtures, the vile and poisonous potions, the horrible smells, bangs and blasts. Discover:
- how the first chemists – “alchemists” – really searched for the Philosopher’s Stone
- what suspect substances lurk in your school dinner
- the sickening stench of the world’s worst stink bomb
- which cruel chemical gases killed soldiers in the war
- how rotten reactions can blow you away
- which awful acids will eat you alive
Flash a formula. Wave a test-tube. Potions bubble. Things go bang! It’s not magic. You’re not at Hogwarts. You’ve just read Chemical Chaos!
This product has not been reviewed yet.