Buy this and your school gets $2.77 to spend on books
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings
1 review (Add a review)
THE RECORD-BREAKING NUMBER ONE BESTSELLER FROM THE UK’S BESTSELLING NON-FICTION AUTHOR.
Discover all the weird and wonderful things that go on inside your body with Adam Kay. Covers key stage 2 / 3 human biology syllabus (in a slightly repulsive way).
‘Hilarious and fascinating! I wish Adam had been my biology teacher’ – Konnie Huq
Do you ever think about your body and how it all works? Like really properly think about it? The human body is extraordinary and fascinating and, well . . . pretty weird. Yours is weird, mine is weird, your maths teacher’s is even weirder.
This book is going to tell you what’s actually going on in there, and answer the really important questions, like:
Are bogeys safe to eat? Look, if your nose is going to all that effort of creating a snack, the least we can do is check out its nutritional value. (Yes, they’re safe. Chew away!)
And how much of your life will you spend on the toilet? About a year – so bring a good book. (I recommend this one.)
So sit back, relax, put on some rubber gloves, and let a doctor take you on a poo (and puke) filled tour of your insides. Welcome to Kay’s Anatomy.
a fancy word for your body. See, you’re learning already.
‘The sort of book I would have loved as a child’ – Malorie Blackman
‘Like listening to a teacher who makes pupils fall about’ – The Times
‘Absolutely packed with facts… Entertaining and highly informative’ – Daily Mail
‘As brilliant, and revolting, as the human body it celebrates’ – The i newspaper
‘Totally brilliant!’ – Jacqueline Wilson
‘If only this funny and informative book had been around when I was too embarrassed to teach my kids about bodily functions’ – David Baddiel
3681 in Schools Catalogue 2023–24
May 6th, 2021
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Kay's Marvellous Medicine
- PM Turquoise: Kangaroos (PM Non-fiction) Levels 18/19
5booksWhat to Read After: Lighthouse
- PM Emerald: The Great Barrier Reef (PM Guided Reading Non-fiction) Level 25
- Fast Forward Silver: Race to the South Pole (Non-fiction) Level 24
Pugs of the Frozen North
- The Ocean is Kind of a Big Deal
Football Legends: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- The Amazing Edie Eckhart
- Funky Chickens
- Barrington Stoke School Spelling Dictionary
5booksBabysitters Club Pack
- A Life Story: Queen Elizabeth II
- Starfell #1: Willow Moss and the Lost Day
Winnie and Wilbur at the Seaside
- My Story: Stories of the First World War
Horrible Science: Shocking Electricity
6booksFootball Academy Pack x 6
- Barrington Stoke Fiction: A Dangerous Game
Barry Loser #2: I Am Still Not a Loser
- Oxford Illustrated Shakespeare Dictionary
- Bunnicula Returns: The Celery Stalks at Midnight and Nighty-Nightmare
- PM Oral Literacy Emergent: Poems About Me
- Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Spooky Stories
Not If I Can Help It
- The Wheel of Surya
- Bright Bursts of Colour
15booksKS1 Proud to be Different Pack