Buy this and your school gets $2.03 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
From standout author, Alex Latimer, and bestselling illustrator, David Litchfield, comes a beautiful picture book about finding – and holding on to – friendship.One bright afternoon, Pip met Egg. Pip is a seed from a glorious tree, and Egg is a bird’s egg from a nearby nest. When Pip and Egg first meet, they are almost the same size and shape – like two peas in a pod. But as their friendship grows, so do they – for Pip this means growing roots, but for Egg? Well, Egg grows wings, and she can’t wait to use them. Though Pip wishes he can follow Egg on her adventures, his roots are strong. So he watches his friend fly away. But true friends always find their way back to one another, and there are no truer friends than Pip and Egg. And if there’s one thing they learn, it’s that the circle of life will always lead them back to each other.
- David Litchfield is the award-winning author/illustrator of The Bear and the Piano
- Lyrical, reassuring story that children will love
- Lush illustrations filled with warmth and emotion
- Teaches children about the value of friendship
Our April 2021 Ages 5-6 Book of the Month
If you are looking for a book about the enduring power of friendship, let me introduce you to the adorable Pip and Egg. This book is an exploration of what it is to have a friend and to share experiences, to grow as individuals as nature intends and the subsequent varying paths that may lead you down (including the shifts and changes in friendship that may entail).
These two characters will nestle in your heart like a bird in the nest – they certainly have in mine. It’s extremely heartfelt but ultimately uplifting. I confess I may have had a little lump in my throat at the end… David Litchfield’s amazing art-style brings a warmth and timeless feel to the story and you may recognise his style from the award-winning The Bear and the Piano.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
One Story, Many Voices: Cinderella of the Nile
- The Princess and the Peas
- Scholastic Poetry: Disgusting Poems
4booksDick King-Smith Pack x 4
What the Ladybird Heard
- 4u2read Michael Morpurgo Pair
3copiesSATs Challenge: Maths Classroom Programme Pack (Year 6)
- In My Mosque
- The Great Race: The Story of the Chinese Zodiac
- The Works: Key Stage 2
- Dave and the Tooth Fairy
- I'm Sticking with You
Ted Hughes: Collected Poems for Children
- The Mega Magic Hair Swap!
When Jelly Had a Wobble
The Tiny Seed
Now Go to Sleep!
- Poetry By Heart
- The Works: Key Stage 1
- A First Poetry Book
- The Viking Sagas: Bracelet of Bones
Mudpuddle Farm: Alien Invasion!
Skulduggery Pleasant #5: Mortal Coil
- Usborne Farmyard Tales: Surprise Visitors
Izzy Gizmo and the Invention Convention
- The Worrysaurus
The Leaf Thief
- Beautiful Bananas
- Flip-Up Fairy Tales: The Cockerel, the Mouse and the Little Red Hen
- Walker Readers: Ten Top Stories for Beginner Readers Box Set