Buy this and your school gets $2.32 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
- All About You > BAME
- All About You > Books To Make You Think
- All About You > Diversity
- All About You > Families
- All About You > Immigration
- All About You > Love and Relationships
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- All About You > Refugees
- Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Multicultural > Other
- Religion > Islam
Love across the battle lines! Michael’s family hate immigrants. But Michael really likes Mina, who is an Afghan refugee. Awkward…. Michael’s into graphic design and hanging out with his mates. He’s not too sure where he stands on immigration. But he knows one thing for sure: he really likes his new classmate Mina. So it’s too bad that Mina is a Muslim refugee. This is definitely not a meet-the-family moment. Since Michael was small, his parents have dragged him to anti-immigration rallies. He’s gone along with it – but is it time to make a stand? As tensions rise and lines are drawn, they’ve all got to decide what they want their world to look like…
- A gripping new story by celebrated author Randa Abdel-Fattah
- A sensitive, funny, honest story of life, first love and Islamophobia
- Randa’s books include Does My Head Look Big in This? and Ten Things I Hate About Me
- Her bestselling books about modern Muslim life have won huge acclaim worldwide
This book contains language and subject matter that may be considered objectionable. We believe this book covers themes important for teenagers to engage with but is not suitable for younger readers.
8222 in Secondary Rewards17/18
May 4th, 2017
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 4.8; Upper years; 11.0 points
- 400 pages