Buy this and your school gets $2.61 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Malorie Blackman is one of the most successful and prolific children’s authors writing today. Made Children’s Laureate for 2013-15, her books, such as Noughts and Crosses, Double Cross and Knife Edge, are loved by kids and adults alike. Malorie’s influence extends far beyond the literary world, however. She has used her position to speak out against racism, and to campaign for greater ethnic diversity in children’s books and children’s publishing.
Discover the story behind this incredible writer – from her struggles as a child facing racism in 1960s London, through her parents’ divorce and her misdiagnosis of Sickle-Cell Anaemia, to the globally renowned author she is today.
It focuses on Malorie’s love of reading, and how she tries to foster that in children today. It also looks at how she pursued her dream of becoming a writer with determination and courage, in the face of people who told her she would never amount to anything. Biographical information, and Malorie Blackman quotes, support the narrative.
A fantastic resource for biography based project work!
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
6copiesThe Twits x 6
- I Am Bear
- Real-Life Stories: David Walliams
- This Book Is Anti-Racist
4booksMalorie Blackman Pack x 4 (Ages 9-11)
- Britain in the Past: The Bronze Age
6copiesGroosham Grange x 6
- Robert Burns: A Very Peculiar History
- Great Scots: A Very Peculiar History
- Scottish Women: A Very Peculiar History
Barrington Stoke Teen: Mind the Gap
Daisy and the Trouble with Nature
- I Am Bat
10copiesGo Big x 10
- The Battle of the Beetles #1: Beetle Boy
- My Hair
- Big Cat: The Life and Times of William Shakespeare (Book Band Pearl)
- The Undefeated
- Clean Up!
- Scientists Who Made History: Dian Fossey
- Get Ahead in Computing: Webpage Design
- This Book Will (Help) Cool the Climate