A Rebel in Auschwitz
Buy this and your school gets $2.49 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A young reader’s edition of The Volunteer – Jack Fairweather’s Costa Book of the Year. An extraordinary, eye-opening account of the Holocaust.Occupied Warsaw, Summer 1940: Witold Pilecki, a Polish underground operative, accepted a mission to uncover the fate of thousands interned at a new concentration camp, report on Nazi crimes, raise a secret army and stage an uprising. The name of the camp – Auschwitz. Over the next two and half years, and under the cruellest of conditions, Pilecki’s underground sabotaged facilities, assassinated Nazi officers and gathered evidence of terrifying abuse and mass murder. But as he pieced together the horrifying Nazi plans to exterminate Europe’s Jews, Pilecki realized he would have to risk his men, his life and his family to warn the West before all was lost. To do so meant attempting the impossible – but first he would have to escape from Auschwitz itself…
- For children aged 12 and up.
- Written from exclusive access to previously hidden diaries, family and camp survivor accounts, and recently declassified files.
- Critically acclaimed and award-winning journalist Jack Fairweather brilliantly portrays the remarkable man who volunteered to face the unknown.
- This extraordinary and eye-opening account of the Holocaust invites us all to bear witness.
8017 in Books and Resources for Secondary Schools Catalogue 2022 and 539 in ROW Teen September 2022
October 7th, 2021
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- The Story of the Second World War for Children
- Evacuee: A Real-Life World War ll Story
20booksFarmyard Tales Pack x 20
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
- Little People, Big Dreams Pack x 6
Splinters of Sunshine
- Lies Like Wildfire
- Upper World
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz (YA Edition)
- Collins School Dictionary
- The Outrage
- The Secret Animal Society
- Umbrella Mouse
- It's Behind You
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Felix and Zelda: Maybe
928 Miles from Home
- Oxford School Atlas
- Secondary ELT Readers Level 2: Nelson Mandela revised edition (Book and CD)
The Boy at the Top of the Mountain
- The Return of the Railway Children
- My So-Called Bollywood Life
- Secondary ELT Readers Level 2: Barack Obama (Book and CD)
- The Cost of Knowing
Magical Boy (Graphic Novel)
When I Was the Greatest