A Problem Shared: Talking About Prejudice
Buy this and your school gets $3.92 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A positive and proactive book that helps you understand and cope with prejudice problems.
There’s two sides to every story. In Prejudice, you will read two sides to some common dilemmas, sticky situations or issues that children sometimes have to face at difficult times in their lives. Prejudice tackles situations including: being singled out because of a disability, homophobic language, fairness, religious discrimination and racism.
The book is structured to help readers see that problems might look different depending on your perspective. This book gently encourages children to be proactive in speaking up and asking for help, both for themselves and others.
It shows some simple ways to positively resolve situations, deal with their emotions and maybe even change their mind.
The book includes top tips for dealing with your emotions and conflict resolution.
The A Problem Shared series looks at tricky situations and common problems from two sides. The books encourage the reader to not only speak out, but also to listen to what others have to say. Some of the core values of PSHE are empathy, mindfulness and engaging with debate and this series puts the reader firmly in the middle, allowing them to make up their own mind about the scenarios presented and to question their own initial assumptions or bias.
Perfect resources for students of PSHE at Key Stage 2 aged 9+, these books are also useful as opportunities for discussion topics in class or as role play situations.
Title in this series are: Bullying Death Mental Health Prejudice Relationships Social Media
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Quick History of Politics
- Women in Science
- Keep Yourself Safe: Being Safe with People
- A Problem Shared: Death
- What Does It Mean to Be British?
There's a Snake in My School!
- Purrmaids #2: The Catfish Club
- The Huge Bag of Worries
Can Bears Ski?
- History VIP: Emmeline Pankhurst
Horrible Histories: Smashing Saxons
- Generation Hope: You(th) Can Make a Difference!
- Secret Science: The Amazing World Beyond Your Eyes
- How To Change The World
- Dream Big: Heroes Who Dared to Be Bold (100 people - 100 ways to change the world)
- Say Something (PB)
- Ancient Egypt: Gods, Pharaohs and Cats!
- We Have a Dream
You Can Save the Planet: 101 Ways You Can Make a Difference
- Why Do We Remember? Charles Darwin's Voyages of Discovery
- Planet Greta: How Greta Thunberg Wants You to Help Her Save Our Planet
The Smeds and the Smoos
- One Hundred Reasons To Hope
- Nelson Mandela: No Easy Walk to Freedom
- Fantastically Great Women Artists and Their Stories
6booksFootball Legends: x6
Giraffes Can't Dance
10booksIn Focus: Our World Pack x 10
- Lift-the-Flap First Questions and Answers about Racism