Stage 1: Starting to Read: Bob Books: Rhyming Words Box Set (10 Books) New
Buy this and your school gets $4.16 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- Box Set: 10 Books
- Ages: 3 to 5
- Stage 1: Starting to Read
Three letter words in rhyming word families focus on consistent short vowel practice.
Rhyming make reading easier and more fun for kids that are just getting started. When rhyming words are included in a story, they make sounding out (decoding) easier. Kids have reading success sooner and faster, build confidence, and they have fun too. Bob Books Rhyming Words is a great next step after Bob Books Set 1.
Inside the box you’ll find:
- 10 easy-to-read, hilarious small books, 12 pages each
- Suitable for the very beginning reader, with mostly two and three letter words
- Phonics based – words can be sounded out
- Our rhyming words have endings that are spelled the same (no rhyming kite with light)
- Rhyming words are interspersed throughout, so the story is told in a conversational tone
- 40 word-family puzzle cards for fun rhyming words games
Book title and rhyme ending (word family): AN – Dan’s Plan, AM – Cam’s Snack, EN – The Hen in the Den, ED – The Red Sled, IP – Drip, Drip, Drip, IN – Lin in the Bin, OG – The Dog in the Fog, OT – The Spot, UFF – In a Huff, UG – Bug and Pug
ABOUT BOBS BOOKS
Bob Books is America’s no.1, award-winning, learning-to-read series trusted for over 40 years.
Bob Books is a true first reader series, designed to make helping children learn to read simple and straightforward. The clean layout, short words, and simple phonics make learning to read a fun and natural step for a child that knows the alphabet. Companion workbooks extend children’s reading journey by allowing them to practice the skills learned in the books.
Bob Books is designed to give young children the tools to cross from learning letters to reading words. The award-winning beginning reader book sets start slowly and progress from books with three letter words, to books with more than one sentence per page. By meeting children at the right level, parents are often amazed at how quickly their child is able to sound out words when reading their first Bob Book.
Bob Books covers four reading stages…
- Pre-Readings Skills Recognize shapes, patterns, and other pre-reading skills
- Stage 1: Starting to Read From learning the alphabet to sounding out your first words
- Stage 2: Emerging Readers Sentences become longer and sight words are introduced
- Stage 3: Developing Readers Words and sentences become longer, and new rules are introduced
Paperback, Slip Case
February 4th, 2016
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Stage 1: Starting to Read: Bob Books: First Stories Box Set (12 books)
- Stage 1: Starting to Read: Bob Books: Set 1 - Beginning Readers Box Set (12 Books)
- Stage 2: Emerging Readers: Bob Books: Set 2 - Advancing Beginners Box Set (12 books)
Stage 2: Emerging Readers: Bob Books: Animal Stories Box Set (12 Books)
- Disney: 7 Days of Animal Stories
Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents
4booksPie Corbett's Comforting Reads Year 4 Pack
Stick Man: A flip-the-flap book
- Rachel Bright Dino Feelings Pk
- The Secret Mountain
- Adventures of the Big Bad Bogey
- The Pumpkin Who Was Afraid of the Dark (CBB)
Bears Don't Share!
- Reading Ladder Level 2: Flat Stanley Goes Camping
- The Cat in the Hat
- Songbirds Phonics: Level 6 Pack x 6
- Read Write Inc: My Reading and Writing Kit - Becoming a Reader
- Let's Stick Together
- Songbirds Phonics: More Level 4 Pack x 6
- Ireland: The People, The Places, The Stories
Songbirds Phonics: Level 5 Pack x 6
Ketchup on Your Reindeer (PB)
- Usborne Beginners Animals Box Set
- Songbirds Phonics: More Level 3 Pack x 6
- Lots of Things to Know About Dinosaurs
- World For Me and You
- Rocket and Groot: The Hunt for Star-Lord
- Songbirds Phonics: More Level 2 Pack x 6
- Songbirds Phonics: More Level 1+ Pack x 6