Enhance literacy while you nurture curiosity. This KS1 non-fiction series introduces popular science topics using visually stunning photographic books which are ideal for guided and independent reading. The fully book-banded series is divided into themed strands of six books, each of which consists of an overview book plus five companion titles. Combining easy-read text with dramatic visuals and attention-grabbing facts, Investigate makes a perfect introduction to non-fiction for readers who are growing in confidence.
- Fully book-banded series filled with vivid photography
- Covers exciting science themes with cross-curricular links
- Perfect for guided reading or child-led extended study
- Stunning images draw children in and spark young imaginations
- Develops scientific knowledge, literacy and comprehension skills
- Introduces key features and conventions of non-fiction texts
- Flexible dip-in titles with no allotted reading order
- Supports the transition from guided reading to confident solo reading
Some series strands include CD-ROMs of the overview books, which contain an onscreen version of the book for whiteboard use, as well as additional video clips, games and more.
- Free correlation to the 2014 Curriculum with every copy purchased.
“I was really impressed with these books and cannot stress enough how exciting children will find them! The books are full of highlighted facts and questions to challenge children’s knowledge.” Sarah Gorman, Primary teacher
Try before you buy with free sample pages and first chapters, and download free classroom resources, activity sheets, quizzes and much more.