Usborne History of Britain: Tudors and Stuarts
Buy this and your school gets $2.32 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
Think history is boring? Then you’ve been reading the wrong books! But don’t worry – this is definitely the right book if you like danger and excitement. From battles and beheadings to plots and plague, there wasn’t much to snooze about in Tudor and Stuart Britain! It was a place of brave explorers, great scientists and powerful rulers like Henry the Eighth. Shakespeare wrote his famous plays. Francis Drake sailed around the world – and London burned down in the Great Fire! There were the sea battles of the Spanish Armada, and the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament. Best of all, a woman – Elizabeth the First – took the British throne for the very first time…
- A fascinating first look at a key period in English history
- Lavish colour illustrations taken from photos, paintings and manuscripts
- Supports the history curriculum and is ideal for school projects
- Part of a quality Usborne series developed for confident readers
5824 in Rewards Catalogue 2017/18
September 1st, 2008
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 64 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.