Buy this and your school gets $2.03 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The story before the scandal.A book to celebrate the inspiring legacy of the Windrush pioneers. In June 1948, hundreds of Caribbean men, women and children arrived in London on a ship called the HMTEmpire Windrush. Although there were already Black people living in Britain at the time, this event marks the beginning of modern Black Britain.
- Combining historical fact with voices from the Windrush Generation, this book sensitively tells the inspiring story of the Windrush Generation pioneers for younger readers.
October 1st, 2020
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
4booksPatrice Lawrence Pack x4
- Girl Hearts Girl
- How It All Blew Up
- The Deepest Breath
- Nothing Ever Happens Here
You Should See Me in a Crown
- All Because You Matter
Voices #5: Windrush Child
2booksMy Story Pack
A Secret of Birds & Bone
- My Story: A Picture of Freedom
- Adventures on Trains #1: The Highland Falcon Thief
- Oliver's Vegetables
A Life Story: Serena Williams
- Read & Respond: Greek Myths
- Coming to England
- Little Leaders: Exceptional Men in Black History
- Daily Life in Ancient Greece
10booksPie Corbett’s Rich and Diverse Reading Spine Upper Key Stage 2 Pack
- Lalani of the Distant Sea
- Julian is a Mermaid
- Where the River Runs Gold
- My Story: D-Day
6copiesCollins Primary Atlas x 6
- A Life Story: Katherine Johnson
- The Undefeated
- Britain in the Past: The Iron Age