Silence is Not An Option: You can impact the world for change
Buy this and your school gets $3.91 to spend on books
Rated 4/5 from 4 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
Silence is NEVER an option – stand up, speak out, be the difference. In this book, Stuart Lawrence talks about what he has learned from life – the tools that have helped him live positively and kept him moving forwards when times have been tough. “We all want to be successful in life and to be remembered for our achievements – but how can we do that, when the world can seem so big and sometimes scary?” – Stuart Lawrence “The publication of his first book for children, Silence is Not an Option: You can Impact the World for Change, is intended to empower all children irrespective of skin colour to demand a better society… Stephen Lawrence’s brightness runs throughout the pages, along with Stuart’s love for his brother” – Louise Carpenter. The Times Magazine From role models to self-control, failure to imagination, Stuart’s aim with this book is to use his own experience to help young people – to help all people – harness the good in themselves and in the world around them, using that fire of positivity to create change in their lives.
- an illuminating guide for approaching life with positivity and wisdom
- simple tips for rewarding everyday practices
- bold page layouts that are stimulating and clear to read
- beautiful hardback edition with a dust jacket makes this a truly special gift for children and young adults.
Our April 2021 Ages 11+ Book of the Month
For ages 11 and over, my Book of the Month is the ground-breaking Silence is Not an Option by Stuart Lawrence. The younger brother of Stephen Lawrence – the young man who, on 22 April 1993 at the age of just 18, was murdered in an unprovoked racist attack – Stuart Lawrence has dedicated his life to helping to transform the lives of young people for the better.
Lawrence talks about what he has learned from life – the tools that have helped him live positively and kept him moving forwards when times have been tough. He focuses on how Silence is NEVER an option, how we should always strive to stand up, speak out and be the difference. As an educator and motivational speaker, Lawrence is able to encourage people to harness the good in themselves and the world around them for positive change.
There are so many amazing non-fiction books by incredible authors out there that address racism and highlight how to turn your live around, but they are incomparable to the first-hand experience that Lawrence can provide and draw upon for this title. This book is essential for all readers, and a necessary addition to any school library.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Divergent Box Set (Books 1-4)
- CHERUB #13: People's Republic
4booksRhyming Reads Pack x 4
4booksKaren M McManus Pack x 4
- Pigeon English
- Horrible Histories: Terrifying Tudors
- Settlers and Invaders of Britain: The Celts, Picts, Scoti and Romans
- Weight of Water (NE)
All American Boys
- How To Be A Lion
Football Legends: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- CHERUB #1: The Recruit
- Football Legends #1: Raheem Sterling (Football Legends #1)
- Football Legends: Harry Kane (Football Legends #2)
- Stories for Kids Who Dare to Be Different
5booksNoughts and Crosses Pack x 5
- A Change is Gonna Come (BAME Short Stories)
Football Legends: Tammy Abraham
- To All the Boys I've Loved Before
- The Hate U Give
- Upper World
- Rainbow Revolutions: Power, Pride and Protest in the Fight for Queer Rights
- Fighting Fantasy: The Gates of Death
5booksLouis Sachar Pack x 5