Out of stock - due soon
Buy this and your school gets $2.61 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The market-leading atlas for pupils at primary schools, Philip’s Junior School Atlas has been fully revised for its 10th edition. It is a stimulating and authoritative first introduction to the world of maps, and is recommended for Key Stage 2 of the National Curriculum.
-The essential atlas for primary schools – 64 pages of clear and easy-to-follow maps and diagrams – updated for 2021 -Published in association with the Royal Geographical Society -Recommended for Key Stage 2 of the National Curriculum – and all 7-11 year olds -Provides an excellent introduction to mapping concepts such as scale, direction, symbols, and longitude and latitude -22-page Britain and Ireland section with clear thematic charts, diagrams and large-scale regional maps -22-page section on The World, with political maps – and thematic treatment of key themes, from volcanoes and earthquakes to transport and tourism -Continents section with physical and political maps -Easy to follow map references and 1,000-place index
The introductory section describes the meaning of scale, how to measure distances using the maps, and explains the symbols on the maps.
The following section is devoted to the United Kingdom and Ireland. Thematic maps cover topics such as mountains and rivers, climate and weather, population and cities, farming and fishing, industry and energy, transport, tourism and conservation. Regional maps of England and Wales, Scotland and Ireland complete this section.
The rest of the atlas is made up of world thematic maps and world continental maps. Included are topics such as the world’s climate, vegetation, agriculture, energy sources, and environmental concerns, such as global warming.
A simple letter-figure index completes the atlas – a useful introduction to help the young reader find his/her way around the maps.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
30copiesPhilip's Infant School Atlas x 30
30copiesCollins Primary Atlas x 30
- Barrington Stoke School Spelling Dictionary
- Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Prehistoric Sites
- The Boy with the Bronze Axe
- Prehistoric Britain: Skara Brae
- Britain in the Past: The Stone Age
- Philip's Infant School Atlas
Queen Victoria: Her Great Empire
- SATs Made Simple: English (Ages 8-9)
- SATs Made Simple: Maths (Ages 8-9)
- Ecographics Pack
- History VIP: Emmeline Pankhurst
- 10-Minute SATs Tests: Grammar, Reading and Maths (Year 4)
- Found! Vikings
- Daily Life in Ancient Rome
- Why Do We Remember? Remembrance Day
- Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Roman Sites
- Scientists Who Made History: Charles Darwin
- Newspapers from History: Viking Express
- The Land and the People: Japan
- Newspapers from History: Roman Tribune
- D-Day: The World War II Invasion That Changed History
Queens: 3,000 Years of the Most Incredible Women in History
- Amari and the Night Brothers
- Newpapers from History: Anglo-Saxon Times