Connectors Ages 10+: Far-Flung Places x 6 Pack
Due to rights restrictions, this product can only be delivered to a school address.
Buy this and your school gets $10.44 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Narrow the attainment gap with reciprocal reading. Our groundbreaking Connectors series uses peer-to-peer learning strategies that include every child – with proven results.
- High-impact methods proven in case studies and recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by an average of 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Ideal for small group teaching at different ability levels
- Case studies show particular benefits for disadvantaged learners
- A great way to make your Pupil Premium go further
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together. Clear prompts show the leader how to focus the discussion and engage their team members to predict outcomes, clarify issues, ask questions and evaluate content.
This collaborative approach builds teamwork, speaking, listening, comprehension and evaluation skills. It also promotes metacognition and peer-to-peer learning: two strategies identified by the Education Endowment Foundation as being particularly effective for disadvantaged children.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability, with the greatest benefits among children on Free School Meals. These pupils showed a reading age increase of over 10 months on average – all in just 12 weeks.
This six-copy pack of a non-fiction title is ideal for readers aged 10+.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task. She said the system obviously works really well for children because everybody was focused.” Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
6booksConnectors Ages 11+: Fearless Feats x 6
6booksConnectors Ages 11+: Pushing the Limits x 6
6booksConnectors Ages 10+: Disease Detectives x 6
6booksConnectors Ages 10+: The Paper Pilot x 6
6booksConnectors Ages 11+: Lesson from Lea x 6
6booksConnectors Ages 10+: Rooster's Return x 6
Rumble in the Jungle
6booksConnectors Ages 11+: Uncle Al Disasters x 6
6booksConnectors Ages 11+: Carrying Lucille x 6
6booksConnectors Ages 10+: The World Beyond Earth x 6
Mrs Armitage on Wheels
- Flip-Up Fairy Tales: The Gingerbread Man
The Tiny Seed
- 100 Practice Activities: National Curriculum English Practice Book for Year 6
- Farmer Duck
Sharing a Shell
- Usborne First Reading: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- 100 Practice Activities: National Curriculum English Practice Book for Year 5
- I Want My Potty!
Room on the Broom
- 100 Practice Activities: National Curriculum English Practice Book for Year 4
- 100 Practice Activities: National Curriculum English Practice Book for Year 1
- 100 Practice Activities: National Curriculum English Practice Book for Year 2
- 100 Practice Activities: National Curriculum Maths Practice Book for Year 3
- Oliver's Vegetables
12booksPie Corbett's Reading Spine: Reception Pack x 12
Mr Gumpy's Outing
4booksPie Corbett's Poetry Spine: Nursery Pack x 4
30copiesBeowulf x 30