Buy this and your school gets $4.16 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
‘[Selznick is] a postmodern hero of middle-grade children’s fiction… Those who revel in puzzles, philosophical conundrums and musings on transience, time and grief will adore this challenging read’ The Times ‘The most perfect feat of storytelling’ Scott Evans, The Reader Teacher ‘It has touched me in a way I can’t express… Breath-taking’ Ceridwen Eccles, primary teacher and blogger at Teacher Glitter A ship. A garden. A library. In Kaleidoscope, the incomparable Brian Selznick presents the story of two people bound to each other through time and space, memory and dreams. At the centre of their relationship is a mystery about the nature of grief and love which will look different to each reader.
- Kaleidoscope is a feat of storytelling that illuminates how even the wildest tales can help us in the hardest times.
- Brian Selznick’s first book, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, was the winner of the esteemed Caldecott Medal, the first novel to do so, as the Caldecott Medal is for picture books
- Released as a live-action film Hugo in 2011, directed by Martin Scorsase and starring Asa Butterfield, Ben Kingsley, Jude Law, Sacha Baron Cohen, Richard Griffiths, Ray Winstone, and Christopher Lee.
- Brian Selznick’s second book, Wonderstruck, was also made into a feature film, starring Julianne Moore and Michelle Williams
857 in ROW Primary September 2021
September 2nd, 2021
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
5booksVoices Pack x 5
Torn Apart - The Partition of India, 1947
- Smile/Sisters/Guts Box Set
The Wild Before
- DK Readers Level 3: Moon Landings
4booksFootball Legends Pack x 4
- The Hawthorne Legacy
- This Poison Heart
- Sensational! Poems Inspired by the Five Senses
- Sparrow Rising (Skyborn #1) (an exciting, fast-paced new fantasy adventure series for kids!)
- How Not To Be A Vampire Slayer
- Favourite Poems: 101 Classics
- As Good As Dead
- The Curse of the Mummy: Uncovering Tutankhamun's Tomb
- The Girl From The Sea
- Minecraft Handbook Pair
- A Life Story: Kamala Harris
The Bad Guys #6: The Bad Guys: Episode 11&12
Aarti & the Blue Gods
Book of the month
- Stretched Thin (Ms Marvel graphic novel 1)
- Can we really help the Polar Bears?
- Nelson Mandela: No Easy Walk to Freedom
- It's Behind You
6booksA Life Story Pack x 6
- Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery and Howliday Inn
- Amari and the Night Brothers
- Football Legends: Kylian Mbappe