This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 7 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
- Animals > Endangered Species
- Animals > Wild Animals > Zoo and Safari Animals
- English > Comprehension
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Turquoise
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- English > Reading > Reciprocal Reading
- English > Speaking and listening
- Facts and Information
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Animals
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Environmental or Green Issues
Connectors is a groundbreaking reading series which narrows the attainment gap through peer-to-peer learning. Children work in small independent groups, each taking a turn to be the leader as they read a book together, following prompts to make predictions and debate issues raised in the text.
Clear prompts represented by coloured faces show each child when it is their turn to read and lead, and how to focus the discussion to engage their team members. This exciting approach builds reading and listening skills, promotes successful teamwork and encourages every child to participate.
Peer-to-peer learning builds cooperation and trust between pupils, motivates disengaged learners, moderates behaviour and develops leadership and cognition skills. The Sutton Trust ranks peer tutoring as one of the most effective ways to improve overall achievement, with disadvantaged and low achieving pupils making particular gains.
Helping Hippos explores the problems that hippos face in the wild:
- What happens when there is a drought?
- What do hippos need to stay alive?
- Why are hippos important?
Book Band: Turquoise.
This product has not been reviewed yet.