Close Reading: Fiction Teacher's Book Ages 6+
Buy this and your school gets $4.35 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The perfect way to boost literacy and develop close reading skills. A fully photocopiable book of finely levelled short texts designed to build comprehension and help children engage with what they have read. Close reading involves careful study of a short text passage – reading, re-reading and questioning the text. Through this process children deepen their critical faculty, which is also essential to help them question and understand their wider world. Complete with a detailed introduction, this book contains 20 suitably complex short texts for close reading, linked to key comprehension objectives and including examples of annotated texts.
- 20 photocopiable short texts designed to build close reading skills
- Engaging, snappy Lexile levelled texts for group, paired or solo reading
- Each text includes comprehension questions and answers linked to the curriculum
- Text marking ideas encourage children to annotate and read strategically
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
6copiesBarrington Stoke Fiction: A Dangerous Game x6
- Close Reading: Non-Fiction Teacher's Book Ages 7+
5booksBarrington Stoke Fiction: Ages 8-12 Pack x5
14booksBooks About Disabilities KS2 Pack
6booksTudor/Stuart Topic Pack
3booksTom Palmer Defenders Pack x 3
6booksFootball Academy Pack x 6
5booksMalorie Blackman Ages 7-9 Pack x 5
4booksBarrington Stoke Little Gems: Confident Readers Pack x 4
4booksInclusive Picture Book Pack x 4
10booksLittle People, Big Dreams Women Pack x 10
- Refugee Boy