Becoming: Adapted for Younger Readers
Buy this and your school gets £2.70 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A younger reader’s edition of the number-one bestselling memoir by former first lady of the United States, Michelle Obama. With a new introduction from Mrs Obama herself
What’s important is our story, our whole story, including those moments when we feel a little vulnerable . . .
Michelle Robinson started life sharing a bedroom with her older brother Craig, in their family’s upstairs apartment in her great-aunt’s house. Her parents, Fraser and Marian, poured their love and energy into their children. She would go on to become Michelle Obama, the inspirational First Lady of the United States of America.
Now adapted for younger readers, with new photographs and a new introduction from Michelle Obama herself, this memoir tells a very personal, and completely inspiring, story of how, through hard work and determination, the girl from the South Side of Chicago built an extraordinary life.
A tale of ups and downs, triumphs and failures, this is an incredibly honest account. It will take you from the early years – first kiss, first school, first love – to the wonders of the White House, and the moment Mrs Obama shook hands with the Queen of England.
A book to read, share, and talk about with the adults in your life, this is a call to action and compassion, and hope for change in uncertain times, and in a scary world.
You’ll be inspired to help others, and understand that no one is perfect. Just like Michelle Obama, you too are finding out exactly who you want to be (and, actually, so are the adults in your life).
Above all, it is a book to make you think: who are you, and what do you want to become?
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Read & Respond: Artemis Fowl
- Read & Respond: The Wolf Wilder
- Read & Respond: Varjak Paw
- Read & Respond: The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents
- Read & Respond: Stormbreaker
- Read & Respond: The Goldfish Boy
Mary Queen of Scots: Born to Rule
- How to Look for a Lost Dog
The Polka Dot Shop
- The Return of the Railway Children
- Read & Respond: Journey to the River Sea
- Read & Respond: There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom
- Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Level 2: Kung Fu Panda (Book only)
- Read & Respond: Letters from the Lighthouse
- Dork Diaries #3: Pop Star
- Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Level 3: Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Book only)
- Read & Respond: Flat Stanley
- Read & Respond: The Iron Man
- RSPCA #5: Little Owl Needs a Home
- Sparrow Rising (Skyborn #1) (an exciting, fast-paced new fantasy adventure series for kids!)
- Narwhal's School of Awesomeness
- Little Monsters
- Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Level 2: Ice Age: Collision Course
- DK Readers Level 3: Moon Landings
- Dork Diaries #2: Party Time
- Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Level 2: Peanuts: Snoopy and Friends (Book only)
- Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Level 2: Madagascar: Escape to Africa (Book only)
- Rebel Animals at Risk: Stories of Survival