Buy this and your school gets $3.14 to spend on books
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
A perfectly-pitched tale of fun and friendship, from master storyteller Michelle Robinson and illustrator extraordinaire Tom Knight.
Kevin the cucumber is so cool – everybody knows it! Whenever anyone gets hot and bothered, Kevin is always there to cool them down. He even has his own super cool cucumber song:
“I’m super cool Kevin and this is my song!Make like a cucumber, you can’t go wrong.You wanna be cool? Then repeat after me:I am a cucumber, cool as can be!”
But when Kevin starts to feel like his friends are leaving him out, something happens that has never happened before: KEVIN.LOSES.HIS.COOL!
Will Kevin’s friends be there for him when he needs them most?
- Rhyming text by Michelle Robinson is full of energy and rhythm.
- Bright, bold illustrations by Tom Knight bring the brilliant story to life.
- This laugh-out-loud story is a super fun way for children to think about emotions – whether it’s their own or someone else’s.
- Also available: The day the Banana Went Bad and When Jelly Had a Wobble
Our August 2021 Ages 3-4 Book of the Month
A great book to start a conversation about emotions, anxiety and having empathy with others. Meet Kevin the Cucumber. He’s a kind of cool guy, as confident as can be and he’s usually unflappable. But one day that all changes…
Michelle’s rhyming text has a great underlying message about building confidence, understanding your friends and expressing your feelings, but what I love in particular is the characterisation in Tom’s vegetable friends. This author and illustrator duo are becoming incredibly popular with our customers, so why not check out Michelle and Tom’s other great books online – The Day the Banana Went Bad and When Jelly Had a Wobble (my personal favourite this year!)?
August 5th, 2021
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 2.6; Lower years; 0.5 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
When Jelly Had a Wobble
Together We Can!
The Smeds and the Smoos Early Reader
We're Going to Find the Monster!
- The Day The Banana Went Bad
The Whale Who Wanted More
- Tale of a Toothbrush: A Story of Plastic in Our Oceans
- Oxford Very First Dictionary
- The Word Collector
- Look Inside the World of Bees
The Leaf Thief
- Reading Ladder Level 1: Flat Stanley Plays Ball
- The Worrysaurus
Twenty Dinosaurs at Bedtime
Who Made that Smell? Shh...Don't Tell!
- Ten Minutes to Bed: Little Dragon
- Alpacas with Maracas
- Look Up!
- My Very Favourite Book in the Whole Wide World
- Friends: Life is Better with Friends (Friends Picture Book)
- Clean Up!
- Who Am I?
The Smeds and the Smoos
- Aliens Love Dinopants