Life of Riley: Beginner's Luck
Part of the following pack:
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Shortlisted for the Blue Peter Book Award A hilarious middle-grade novel about one boy’s quest to get rid of a ridiculous amount of bad luck! After a traumatic run-in with the fortune teller from a visiting funfair – thanks to an unfortunately-timed sneeze – Riley finds himself CURSED. Life as he knows it quickly becomes a catalogue of disasters – from wetting himself onstage during the school show, accidentally supergluing himself to his classmates and ruining the school football team’s sponsorship deal, to flooding his house and losing class 4’s pet rabbit – Riley knows the bad luck is out to get him. Enter new kid: Brad Chicago. He’s super-cool, well-groomed and stylish, with an excellent stationery collection. And for some reason he wants to be Riley’s friend. Can Riley get rid of the curse before Brad discovers he’s a walking disaster?
- Laugh-out-loud funny, warm-hearted and anarchic in a way that readers will love.
- Brought to life with Aleksei Bitskoff’s lively, humorous illustrations.
- Perfect for fans of Kid Normal, David Solomons’ My Brother is a Superhero and David Baddiel.
- Award-winning author Simon James Green is best known for his funny books for teens. This is his first book for middle-grade readers.
September 3rd, 2020
AR book level: 4.7; Middle years; 5.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Little Gems: Special Delivery
Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam: Up, Up and Away!
Wigglesbottom Primary: Break-Time Bunnies
- Nat Enough
Murder Most Unladylike #5: Mistletoe and Murder
CHERUB #16: Lone Wolf
6booksFighting Fantasy Pack x 6
The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop
- The House of Clouds
- Scholastic Classics: Scottish Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends
- Kid Normal #4: Kid Normal and the Final Five
- Mr Gum #1: You're a Bad Man, Mr Gum!
Mr Gum #5: Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear
- Cookie! And the Most Annoying Boy in the World
- Fearless! How to Be Your True, Confident Self