Part of the following pack:
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Winner of the 2020 National Book Awards for Young People’s Literature.In a small but turbulent Louisiana town, King lost his older brother. To move on, he must find himself.King is convinced his brother isn’t dead, that he has instead turned into a dragonfly, and he searches for Khalid down by the bayou. Khalid visits him in turn, in King’s dreams. King must keep these secrets to himself as he watches grief transform his family. It would be easier if King could talk with his best friend, Sandy. But King had ended their friendship. Before his death, his brother had said, “You don’t want anyone to think you’re gay too, do you?” But when Sandy goes missing, sparking a town-wide search, King finds his former best friend and the two begin an adventure as they hide Sandy down by the bayou, among the dragonflies. As King’s friendship with Sandy is reignited, he’s forced to confront questions about himself and the reality of his brother’s death.
- In this raw and exquisite story, we see that love can set us all free.
- The Thing About Jellyfish meets The Stars Beneath Our Feet in this story about loss, grief, and finding the courage to discover one’s identity, from the author of Hurricane Child and bestselling Felix Ever After.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Secondary ELT Readers Level 3 - Level 4: Steve Jobs (Book only)
Noughts and Crosses #5: Crossfire
10booksNew Fiction: Ages 13-14 Pack
10booksNew Fiction: Ages 12-13 Pack
Get Ahead in Computing: Super Social Media and Awesome Online Safety
12booksLGBTQ+ Pack x12
- Death Sets Sail
- Aru Shah and the End of Time
- Get Ahead in Computing: Webpage Design
- Dot.Common Sense: How to Stay Smart and Safe Online
- Adventures on Trains: Murder on the Safari Star
4booksScience Builders Pack x 4
- Rose Gold and Friends #2: Yasmeen's Winter Fun
- PM Writing 4: Art at School (PM Emerald) Level 26
- Nat Enough
- To All the Boys I've Loved Before
- The Christmasaurus
- Rainbow Revolutions: Power, Pride and Protest in the Fight for Queer Rights
- Chinese Cinderella
- Rising Stars: New Young Voices in Poetry
- Greta and the Ghost Hunters