Buy this and your school gets $3.04 to spend on books
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
A brilliantly funny, gripping novel – and the bestselling hardback children’s debut of 2014 – from a born storyteller, The Parent Agency is an epic wish-fulfilment adventure for every child – and for the child in everyone.
“I wish I had better parents!” Barry said, a third time. And then suddenly the entire room started to shake…
Barry Bennett hates being called Barry. In fact it’s number 2 on the list of things he blames his parents for, along with 1) ‘being boring’ and 3) ‘always being tired’.
But there is a world, not far from this one, where parents don’t have children. That’s far too random for something so big and important. In this world, children are allowed to choose their parents.
For Barry Bennett, this world seems like a dream come true. Only things turn out to be not quite that simple…
Illustrated by Roald Dahl Funny Prize winner, Jim Field.
June 4th, 2015
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 4.7; Middle years; 6.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Horrid Henry: Horrid Henry and the Secret Club
6copiesWed Wabbit x 6
6copiesThe Parent Agency x 6
6copiesDark Lord: The Teenage Years x 6
6copiesThe Big, Fat, Totally Bonkers Diary of Pig x 6
4booksThe Last Wild Pack
- Dark Lord: The Teenage Years
- The Young Magicians and the Thieves' Almanac
- Pig #4: The Big, Fat, Totally Bonkers Diary of Pig
Bloomsbury Young Readers: Pet Quest
- Flat Stanley: Stanley in Space
10copiesLord of the Flies x 10
- Juggling with Gerbils
The Oldest Girl in the World
- The Hunger Games #3: Mockingjay
- Riding a Lion
6copiesOxford School Dictionary x6
6booksIf You Like Julia Donaldson, You'll Love...
- Scholastic Poetry: Family Poems
- Scholastic Poetry: School Poems
The Hunger Games #2: Catching Fire
A Sally Lockhart Mystery #3: The Tiger in the Well
- The Thirteenth Home of Noah Bradley
- Moonchild: Voyage of the Lost and Found
- Oxford School Dictionary
- Scholastic Classics: Sense and Sensibility
- Who Let the Gods Out? #3: Beyond the Odyssey
- Scholastic Poetry: Funny Poems
6copiesBill's New Frock x 6