Usborne History of Britain: The First World War
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
Imagine a war that changed the landscape of Europe in ways we can still see today. That mowed down a whole generation of young men. That – for the first time ever in human history – reached every corner of the globe. In facts, photos, maps, posters, cartoons and real-life voices, this book tells you the story of Britain during the First World War. The terror of the trenches (where boys as young as thirteen fought and died). The onslaught of U-boat warfare. A four-year conflict that cost millions of lives and shocked the world with the ferocity of its slaughter. Right now, it’s a century since the War to End All Wars. Read and remember. Never forget.
- A fascinating first look at the events of the First World War
- Includes posters, cartoons, maps, quotes and songs from the time
- Supports the history curriculum and is ideal for school projects
- Part of a quality Usborne series developed for confident readers
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 64 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.