Read & Respond Interactive: The BFG
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 3/5 from 5 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
A wealth of digital resources to enhance and extend your work on The BFG.
- Comprehensive teachers’ notes pull together the digital texts into coherent lesson plans.
- Interactive writing frames included to structure writing tasks.
- Interactive text extracts on CD-ROM to annotate with your class.
- Cross-curricular photos and videos to put the story in context.
- Author interviews and biography.
- Interactive whiteboard activities.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Read & Respond
To get started with Read & Respond all you need to do is:
- Choose a children’s book, from Owl Babies to Kensuke’s Kingdom, to study with your class
- Order the corresponding Read & Respond Teacher Resource Book
- Add a Read & Respond Interactive CD-ROM to really get your lessons buzzing!
Read & Respond Teacher Resource Titles
In-depth analysis of each book to get the whole class thinking about the story—and expressing their thoughts aloud and in writing. Within each Teacher Resource Book you’ll find:
- Background information
- Detailed chapter notes
- Plot, character and setting activities
- Shared reading section, with three extracts to read as a class
- ‘Talk about it’ section to get the children discussing feelings and ideas around the book
- ‘Get writing’ activities to help children structure and express their views about the book
- Assessment activities*
Read & Respond Interactive
These multimedia CD-ROMs can be used as standalone products, or to expand upon the corresponding Read & Respond teacher’s book. Read & Respond Interactive is ideal for exploring cross-curricular themes and for inspiring reluctant readers.
Each CD-ROM contains:
- Teaching notes, including lesson plans, differentiation, cross-curricular links and editable notes
- An author interview or biography
- Audio clips
- Text extracts
- Cross-curricular photos and video clips to help put the story into context
- A word bank – linked to the text extracts – containing audio and text definitions
- A selection of interactive whiteboard activities.
We can supply each children’s title covered by the Read & Respond series as a pack of 6 or 30 books, or as a single purchase.
Read & Respond Interactive
What are the minimum system requirements for the Read & Respond Interactive CDs?
You will need a PC or Mac with a 4x speed CD-ROM drive and 128MB RAM; Recommended minimum processor speed 450Mhz.; Windows 98/2000/XP or Mac OSX 10.2 or later; 16bit sound card and graphics card.