This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
Dunkirk, 1940. Thousands of Allied soldiers are trapped by Nazi soldiers after the Battle of France. There’s no way out for them. Or is there? Maybe there’s one escape route: the sea… Joe Read is fifteen, a normal kid who helps out on his dad’s lifeboat. But now he’s called to a greater cause: sailing across the English Channel, braving gunfire and bombs, to evacuate the stranded soldiers in France. He’s part of a mission that will save the lives of 338,226 men in 861 vessels. Joe’s true story is told in full in this unforgettable tale of the great Allied rescue described by Winston Churchill as “a miracle of deliverance.”
- A thrilling fictional diary based on Joe Read’s true story
- A vivid, memorable look at a key moment of World War II
- Learn about the Dunkirk Evacuation and its significance
- From a best-loved series with over a million copies sold
June 7th, 2010
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 6.2; Middle years plus; 5.0 points
- 144 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.