Dog Man #10: Mothering Heights (the new blockbusting international bestseller)
Buy this and your school gets $3.05 to spend on books
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings
1 review (Add a review)
Dog Man and Petey face their biggest challenges yet in the tenth Dog Man book from worldwide bestselling author and illustrator Dav Pilkey. Dog Man is down on his luck, Petey confronts his not so purr-fect past, and Grampa is up to no good. The world is spinningout of control as new villains spill into town. Everything seems dark and full of despair. But hope is not lost. Can the incredible power of love save the day? Dav Pilkey’s wildly popular Dog Man series appeals to readers of all ages and explores universally positive themes, including:
- and the importance of doing good.
- “High-intensity, heartwarming, and, above all, hysterically funny.” – Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- “Riotously funny and original.” – School Library Journal, starred review
- “An utter, unfettered delight.” – Booklist, starred review
- “Readers (of any age) will be giggling from start to finish.” – Publishers Weekly, starred review
- “Action-oriented cartoons… Laffs aplenty.” – Kirkus Reviews, starred review
Our March 2021 Ages 7-8 Book of the Month
My Book of the Month pick for 7 to 8-year-olds is the new tenth instalment in the Dog Man series, Dog Man: Mothering Heights! This hilarious adventure from a crime-fighting half human, half dog and his unlikely cat sidekick, has all the ingredients to make kids howl with laughter. The world is spinning out of control as new villains spill into town. Everything seems dark and full of despair. But hope is not lost. Can the incredible power of love save the day?
From children’s firm favourite Dav Pilkey, author and illustrator of the worldwide bestselling Captain Underpants series which kids will also recognise from film and TV. You might also recognise the series from being the bestselling World Book Day book last year! The Dog Man series explores universally positive themes, including empathy, kindness, persistence and the importance of being true to one’s self. The full colour, comic book-style pages makes it easily accessible to readers of all ages, and its genuine child appeal encourages a love of reading in children.
700 in ROW Primary September 2021
Dog Man (book 10)
March 4th, 2021
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 2.6; Lower years; 1.0 points
Add a review
Customers also bought
Betsey Biggalow #3: Betsey Biggalow the Detective
Cat Kid Comic Club #1: Cat Kid Comic Club
- Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Spooky Stories
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Wrecking Ball
- Stranger Places
Dog Man #9: Dog Man 9: Grime and Punishment
- Dog Man #9: Grime and Punishment
Dog Man #8: Fetch-22
- Horrible Science: Dangerous Diseases
Tom Gates #18: Ten Tremendous Tales
- Dog Man #7: For Whom the Ball Rolls
The Boy Who Met a Whale
- The Pigeon HAS to Go to School!
- EDGE: Slipstream Graphic Fiction Level 2: Beyond the Wall
- The Beast of Buckingham Palace
- Everything, Everything (Film Edition)
- How To Change The World
- EDGE: Slipstream Non-Fiction Level 1: World's Fastest
- A Lamb Called Lucky
Murderous Maths: The Power of Ten Box Set
Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Adventure
- The Naughtiest Unicorn on Holiday
- EDGE: Slipstream Short Fiction Level 1: Walk Into Danger
- Pokemon: Legendary and Mythical Guidebook (Deluxe Edition)
- GamesMaster Presents: Stay Alive in Minecraft!
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite: The Official Game Guide
7booksJohn Green Pack x7
5booksWater, Water Everywhere! Pack x 5