Due to rights restrictions, this product can only be delivered to a school address.
Buy this and your school gets $10.44 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Narrow the attainment gap with reciprocal reading. Our groundbreaking Connectors series uses peer-to-peer learning strategies that include every child – with proven results.
- High-impact methods proven in case studies and recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by an average of 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Ideal for small group teaching at different ability levels
- Case studies show particular benefits for disadvantaged learners
- A great way to make your Pupil Premium go further
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together. Clear prompts show the leader how to focus the discussion and engage their team members to predict outcomes, clarify issues, ask questions and evaluate content.
This collaborative approach builds teamwork, speaking, listening, comprehension and evaluation skills. It also promotes metacognition and peer-to-peer learning: two strategies identified by the Education Endowment Foundation as being particularly effective for disadvantaged children.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability, with the greatest benefits among children on Free School Meals. These pupils showed a reading age increase of over 10 months on average – all in just 12 weeks.
This six-copy pack of a fiction title is ideal for children at Book Band Emerald, giving them all the benefits of Connectors in an appealing story form.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task. She said the system obviously works really well for children because everybody was focused.” Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Rainbow Magic One-Offs #80: Zainab the Squishy Toy Fairy
- Bella Broomstick #1: Bella Broomstick
- Shout Out: Use Your Voice, Save the Day
10booksBritish Asian Authors New Titles Pack
- Oliver's Vegetables
- Handa's Noisy Night
Crazy Mayonnaisy Mum
Who Made that Smell? Shh...Don't Tell!
- Meesha Makes Friends
- A Life Story: Serena Williams
- The Proudest Blue
- When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit
3booksOi Frog! Pack x 3
- My Hair
If All the World Were...
10booksBlack Lives Pack
5booksFunny Pre-School Pack x 5
- Horrible Science: Dangerous Diseases
3booksThe World's Worst Children Pack x 3
- The Day the Crayons Quit
6copiesThe Boy at the Back of the Class x 6
When Jelly Had a Wobble
5booksFlat Stanley Fiction Pack x 5
5booksJeremy Strong Pack x 5
Night Bus Hero
A Monster Calls