Becoming: Adapted for Younger Readers
Buy this and your school gets $4.16 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A younger reader’s edition of the number-one bestselling memoir by former first lady of the United States, Michelle Obama. With a new introduction from Mrs Obama herself
What’s important is our story, our whole story, including those moments when we feel a little vulnerable . . .
Michelle Robinson started life sharing a bedroom with her older brother Craig, in their family’s upstairs apartment in her great-aunt’s house. Her parents, Fraser and Marian, poured their love and energy into their children. She would go on to become Michelle Obama, the inspirational First Lady of the United States of America.
Now adapted for younger readers, with new photographs and a new introduction from Michelle Obama herself, this memoir tells a very personal, and completely inspiring, story of how, through hard work and determination, the girl from the South Side of Chicago built an extraordinary life.
A tale of ups and downs, triumphs and failures, this is an incredibly honest account. It will take you from the early years – first kiss, first school, first love – to the wonders of the White House, and the moment Mrs Obama shook hands with the Queen of England.
A book to read, share, and talk about with the adults in your life, this is a call to action and compassion, and hope for change in uncertain times, and in a scary world.
You’ll be inspired to help others, and understand that no one is perfect. Just like Michelle Obama, you too are finding out exactly who you want to be (and, actually, so are the adults in your life).
Above all, it is a book to make you think: who are you, and what do you want to become?
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- My Best Friend: My Best Friend the Suffragette
12booksBooks About Disabilities KS1 Pack
- Secondary ELT Readers Level 2: Muhammad Ali (Book Only)
- History VIP: Emmeline Pankhurst
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Wrecking Ball
- RHS: My Unicorn Garden Activity Book
- Upside Down Magic #2: Sticks and Stones
- The Girl From The Sea
- Chick and Brain #1: Smell My Foot!
- One of Us is Next
Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Adventure
Dog Man #10: Mothering Heights (the new blockbusting international bestseller)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #15: The Deep End
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite: The Official Game Guide
- The Ultimate Guide to Women's Football
5booksDork Diaries Pack x 5 (Books 1-5)
What We're Scared Of
Not If I Can Help It
- RSPCA #5: Little Owl Needs a Home
- Dork Diaries #2: Party Time
- Dork Diaries #3: Pop Star
Dylan the Teacher
- A Very Large Expanse of Sea
3booksI Was There Pack x 3
- How to Be Me
- Stories for Kids Who Dare to Be Different
- F2: Ultimate Footballer