Buy this and your school gets $2.03 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Fergus Crane has a pretty normal life, going to lessons on the school ship Betty Jeanne and helping his mum in the bakery. But when a mysterious flying box appears at the window of his waterfront home, Fergus is whisked off into a daring adventure! The box is followed by a winged mechanical horse, which Fergus must ride far away, on a quest to save his long-lost uncle! And soon Fergus finds out that his teachers are actually pirates! Can Fergus and his winged horse save his schoolmates from the fearsome Fire Island? And what else will Fergus find there?
- Winner of the Smarties Prize Gold Award in 2004
- By the bestselling creators of the Edge Chronicles
- A tour-de-force of magic, humour and quirky action
- Chris Riddell was Children’s Laureate for 2015-2017
April 7th, 2005
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 5.6; Middle years; 4.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Anancy and Mr Dry-Bone
- The Land and the People: Russia
- The Land and the People: India
- Juggling with Gerbils
Baby Aliens: Icarus Was Ridiculous
- The Selkie Girl
- One Story, Many Voices: The Phoenix of Persia
- The Young Magicians and the Thieves' Almanac
- The Great Race: The Story of the Chinese Zodiac
- Where the River Runs Gold
Baby Aliens: The Spy Who Loved School Dinners
- Asha and the Spirit Bird
3booksAnh Do Pack x 3
4booksWomen Trailblazers Pack x 4
- Meesha Makes Friends
- Planet Omar #1: Planet Omar: Accidental Trouble Magnet
- The Legends of Eerie-on-Sea #1: Malamander
Barrington Stoke Fiction: A Dangerous Game
The Story of the Windrush
5booksWigglesbottom Primary Pack x 5
Baby Aliens: Baby Aliens Got My Teacher
Horrible Geography Handbooks: Planet in Peril
Izzy Gizmo and the Invention Convention
If All the World Were...
Owen and the Soldier
- Little Leaders: Visionary Women Around the World
- Black and British
6booksDog Man Pack x 6
- Little Leaders: Exceptional Men in Black History
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History