Philip's RGS Junior School Atlas
Buy this and your school gets $2.77 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The 11th edition of the market-leading atlas for primary school pupils, Philip’s RGS Junior School Atlas has been fully revised and updated with all the latest facts and curriculum requirements.
- The essential atlas for primary schools with clear and easy-to-follow maps and diagrams – updated for 2021/22 - Published in association with the Royal Geographical Society - Recommended for Key Stage 2 of the National Curriculum – and all 7-11 year olds - An excellent introduction to mapping concepts such as scale, direction, symbols, longitude and latitude - 22-page Britain and Ireland section with clear thematic charts, diagrams and large-scale regional maps - 22-page section on The World, with political maps – and thematic treatment of key themes, from volcanoes and earthquakes to transport and tourism - Continents section with physical and political maps - Easy-to-follow map references and 1,000-place index
The market-leading atlas for pupils at primary schools, Philip’s RGS Junior School Atlas is a stimulating and authoritative first introduction to the world of maps, and is recommended for Key Stage 2 of the National Curriculum.
The introductory section describes the meaning of scale, how to measure distances using the maps, and explains the symbols on the maps.
The following section is devoted to the United Kingdom and Ireland. Thematic maps cover topics such as mountains and rivers, climate and weather, population and cities, farming and fishing, industry and energy, transport, tourism and conservation. Regional maps of England and Wales, Scotland and Ireland complete this section.
The rest of the atlas is made up of world thematic maps and world continental maps. Included are topics such as the world’s climate, vegetation, agriculture, energy sources, and environmental concerns, such as global warming. A simple letter-figure index completes the atlas – a useful introduction to help the young reader find his/her way around the maps. Available in both hardback and paperback editions.
3636 in Schools Catalogue 2023–24
October 7th, 2021
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Horrible Histories: Stormin' Normans
- Oxford School Thesaurus
- Skandar and the Phantom Rider
15booksKS2 Feelings and Empathy Pack A
- Scholastic Classics: Romeo and Juliet
3booksPie Corbett's Independent Reading Packs: Reception Fairy Tales Pack x 3
- Goodnight Mister Tom
- Why Do We Remember? The Battle of Hastings
3booksPie Corbett's Independent Reading Packs: Nursery Fairy Tales Pack x 3
6booksAnglo-Saxon Topic Pack
- A Life Story: Captain Tom Moore
7booksVikings Topic Pack
- A Life Story: Emma Raducanu
- Oxford School Dictionary
- A Life Story: Rosalind Franklin
6booksAdventures in STEAM Pack
- Oxford Primary Thesaurus
- A Life Story: Tom Daley
- A Life Story: Kamala Harris
- Oxford Primary Dictionary
- A Life Story: Andy Murray (A Life Story)
- Making A Baby: An Inclusive Guide to How Every Family Begins
- A Life Story: Katherine Johnson
- Each Peach Pear Plum
Rachel Bright and Jim Field Pk
- A Life Story: Queen Elizabeth II
10booksKS2 Families and Home Life Pack A
- The Great Race: The Story of the Chinese Zodiac
Room on the Broom