Big Little Hearts: When Can I Go Back to School?
Buy this and your school gets $2.09 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
When Can I Go Back to School? is a reassuring journey through a child’s common worries and fears during the worldwide pandemic and beyond. With his school shut and no one able to tell him when it will re-open, Billy is worried about what will happen next… Will things ever return to the way they were before? Anna Friend wrote this book at the start of the pandemic to calm her son and later asked her friend Jake Biggin to illustrate the story. They self-published it on Amazon thinking it might help some other families. They couldn’t believe the response! Now, with the help of Scholastic, this wonderful book is set to help thousands more families struggling with anxious children.
- With mindfulness activities for families to do together to combat feelings of anxiety.
- Beautifully illustrated and simply written, it allows the reader to understand how a child might be feeling and gives a voice to those thoughts that are pinging around a child’s head making them feel wobbly and upset.
- Can be shared with younger children or read independently.
- This book series is honest and uses simple language designed to start conversations and provide comfort.
- January 2022: Who Will Love Me When You’re Gone? For families dealing with the loss of a parent.
- May 2022: Will Mummy Still Love Me Like Before? For families who have a new sibling on the way.
Our March 2021 Ages 3-4 Book of the Month
Sometimes the world can feel scary, especially when we are faced with sudden change (as lockdown has shown us). It’s hard enough to adjust as an adult, but what about when you are a child?
Anna Friend wrote this story in response to her own son’s fears and anxieties after lockdown. It explores in an honest and gentle way the real struggles of life when we are faced with a situation that is out of our control.
As a parent, this book really spoke to me; the text and illustrations convey what I think of as ‘the wobbles along the way’ that we all have felt, but also communicates a sense of hope and it is a good opening point for discussion with your child about their concerns and feelings. This captures the heart, feels like a real classic and the illustrations are beautiful.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Wigglesbottom Primary: Dino Chick
- Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Starter Level - Level 1: Ice Age (Book only)
Dog Man #10: Mothering Heights (the new blockbusting international bestseller)
Percy the Park Keeper: One Springy Day
Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Starter Level - Level 1: Trolls (Book only)
Fly High Crew: The Green Glow
- I'm Sticking with You
- Return to the Secret Garden (PB)
Pip and Egg
4booksRhyming Reads Pack x 4
- F2: Ultimate Footballer
- Popcorn ELT Primary Readers Starter Level - Level 1 #8: Rio: Blu and Jewel (Book only)
- Found! Vikings
When Jelly Had a Wobble
- The House of Secret Treasure
- Amari and the Night Brothers