The Christmas Pine
Book of the Month
Buy this and your school gets $3.60 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A magical picture book for Christmas, written in perfect, heartfelt rhyme by Julia Donaldson, bestselling creator of Zog and Superworm.“Magical . . . as well as paying tribute to tradition, the gentle rhythmic verse and stunning pictures illuminate the two other things close to Julia’s heart: the power of children and song”Good Housekeeping Deep in a snowy wood stands a little pine tree with a special destiny: when it grows up, it’s going to be the famousChristmas tree in Trafalgar Square! This is the perfect picture book to snuggle up with and share at Christmas. Gorgeous, atmospheric illustrations whisk you from frozen forests to the sparkling city square in a beautiful, moving story of festivity and hope.
- This gorgeously illustrated hardback book has a gold-foiled dust jacket, making it the perfect Christmas gift for young children
- Julia Donaldson’s perfect rhyme is a joy to read aloud. This is a classic to treasure for generations
- Victoria Sandøy’s exquisite, atmospheric illustrations are full of gorgeous details to point out and share
- A paragraph on the final page of the book explains the true story behind the tree The Christmas Pine is based on a true story. It celebrates a special tradition that stretches back over seventy years. Every year, the Mayor of Oslo in Norway presents the British people with a spectacular Christmas tree. The tree is a symbol of peace and friendship, and a thank you for the UK’s support during World War II. Each year, the UK Poetry Society asks a poet to write a poem to welcome the tree. Julia Donaldson originally wrote The Christmas Pine to celebrate the 2020 Christmas tree. The poem was performed by London schoolchildren, and displayed in Trafalgar Square. Julia Donaldson is the author of many of the best-loved children’s books ever written. She has been awarded a CBE for services to literature, and is the most celebrated children’s writer in Britain today.Many of Julia Donaldson’s beloved picture books have been made into award-winning animated films which are regularly shown on the BBC at Christmas.Superworm animation will premiere on BBC Christmas 2021
Our November 2023 Ages 5-6 Book of the Month
Our Book of the Month for Age 5+ the The Christmas Pine, a gorgeous Christmas story from award-winning Julia Donaldson. Deep in a snowy wood stands a little pine tree with a special destiny: when it grows up, it’s going to be the famous Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square! This is the perfect picture book to snuggle up to at bedtime and great for the festive season! Illustrated throughout with a lovely rhyming story that can be read aloud, encouraging childens engagement and perfect for shared reading or to be read independently.
This is the perfect gift for the Christmas season, and even includes content explaining the true story The Christmas Pine is based on!
22 in ROW Primary Autumn 2023
October 14th, 2021
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- I Didn't Do It!
There's an Elf in Your Book
What the Ladybird Heard
- Why Should I?
- Grandad Mandela
Green is for Christmas
- I Survived: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944
- I Love Me!
- Little Robin Red Vest
When Jelly Had a Wobble
- Basher Basics: Punctuation
The Jolly Pocket Postman
Spreading My Wings
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
- Mog's Christmas
Giraffes Can't Dance
The Baddies (PB)
6copiesThe Lie Tree Class Set x 6 Books
4booksRosie Revere and Friends Pack
- Very Hungry Caterpillar's Night Before Christmas
- You Are Enough: A Book About Inclusion (HB)