Buy this and your school gets $3.60 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A magical picture book for Christmas, written in perfect, heartfelt rhyme by Julia Donaldson, bestselling creator of Zog and Superworm.“Magical … as well as paying tribute to tradition, the gentle rhythmic verse and stunning pictures illuminate the two other things close to Julia’s heart: the power of children and song” – Good Housekeeping Deep in a snowy wood stands a little pine tree with a special destiny: when it grows up, it’s going to be the famousChristmas tree in Trafalgar Square! This is the perfect picture book to snuggle up with and share at Christmas. Gorgeous, atmospheric illustrations whisk you from frozen forests to the sparkling city square in a beautiful, moving story of festivity and hope.
- This gorgeously illustrated hardback book has a gold-foiled dust jacket, making it the perfect Christmas gift for young children
- Julia Donaldson’s perfect rhyme is a joy to read aloud – this is a classic to treasure for generations
- Victoria Sandøy’s exquisite, atmospheric illustrations are full of gorgeous details to point out and share
- A paragraph on the final page of the book explains the true story behind the tree The Christmas Pine is based on a true story. It celebrates a special tradition that stretches back over seventy years. Every year, the Mayor of Oslo in Norway presents the British people with a spectacular Christmas tree. The tree is a symbol of peace and friendship, and a thank you for the UK’s support during World War II. Each year, the UK Poetry Society asks a poet to write a poem to welcome the tree. Julia Donaldson originally wrote The Christmas Pine to celebrate the 2020 Christmas tree. The poem was performed by London schoolchildren, and displayed in Trafalgar Square. Julia Donaldson is the author of many of the best-loved children’s books ever written. She has been awarded a CBE for services to literature, and is the most celebrated children’s writer in Britain today. Many of Julia Donaldson’s beloved picture books have been made into award-winning animated films which are regularly shown on the BBC at Christmas.
- Superworm animation will premiere on BBC Christmas 2021
Our December 2021 Ages 5-6 Book of the Month
The story of the live action film that is dropping in cinemas now and a new take on the much-loved classic story. Emily Elizabeth is struggling to fit in at home and in school when she meets Clifford, a tiny red puppy who is destined to become her best friend. But when Clifford undergoes a magical growth spurt overnight, he attracts the attention of a genetics company looking for a way to supersize animals… and Emily Elizabeth and Clifford have to go on the run across New York City! This is a story of facing adversity and embracing being different interwoven with love, perseverance and courage. It’s also about friendship and kindness in a time when we all need it. So meet Clifford – the big red dog with an even bigger heart!
P.S. This book is a graphic novel adaptation so features lots of bright comic book-style pictures, and is a great pick for any fans of Dog Man if you are looking for a fresh read. It even features exclusive scenes not seen in the movie.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- The Bumblebear
3booksOnjali Q Rauf Pack x3
- How Winston Delivered Christmas
- Mog's Christmas
- Ten Fat Sausages
- Ten Little Unicorns
- Macca the Alpaca
- Just One of Those Days
- Clement C. Moore's The Night Before Christmas
The Lighthouse Keeper: The Lighthouse Keeper's Christmas
Green is for Christmas
Wonky Donkey's Big Surprise
- Supertato Night of the Living Veg
A Single Thread of Moonlight
- The Christmas Pig
- There's No Such Thing as Elves
- Hello Scottish Animals
- Rainbow Magic Sweet Fairies: Lottie the Lollipop Fairy
- Riding a Lion
3booksFind Out Pack x3
4booksDavid Walliams Picture Books Pack x 4
- Magic Molly #2: The Wish Puppy
The Christmasaurus and the Naughty List