Striking Out: The Debut Novel from Superstar Striker Ian Wright
Buy this and your school gets $3.60 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
From the winning writing team of Ian Wright and Musa Okwonga.Inspired by the story of the superstar striker, Ian Wright.
“An inspiring story that encourages you to dream big and overcome life’s challenges.” Trent Alexander-Arnold
“I devoured it … moving, thrilling, disturbing, triumphant and inspiring … a wonderful achievement.” Stephen Fry Thirteen-year-old Jerome Jackson dreams of becoming a world-class footballer. But with a difficult home life, Jerome can’t see how he’ll ever make this dream come true … until he meets a mentor figure who can hopefully put him on the right track. “The best strikers aren’t the most skilful ones. They are the ones who never give up.”
- Perfect for fans of real-life drama
- Readers will love Ian Wright’s cameo role in the story
- With phenomenal cover art from Benjamin Wachenje.
Ian Wright is one of the UK’s all-time leading goal scorers. He’s lifted the Premier League title, The FA Cup, the European Cup Winners’ Cup and won the Premier League golden boot. Musa Okwonga is an author, poet, journalist and musician; he is a co-host of the Stadio football podcast.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Scholastic Classics: African and Caribbean Folktales, Myths and Legends
Book of the month
- A Life Story: Captain Tom Moore
- When We Say Black Lives Matter
I Broke the Internet
- Minecraft Young Readers: Survival Mode
- Nelson Mandela: No Easy Walk to Freedom
When Cucumber Lost His Cool (PB)
3booksHis Dark Materials Trilogy
- Black and British
- Young, Gifted and Black
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History
- Little Leaders: Exceptional Men in Black History