Close Reading: Fiction Teacher's Book Ages 9+
Buy this and your school gets $4.35 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The perfect way to boost literacy and develop close reading skills. A fully photocopiable book of finely levelled short texts designed to build comprehension and help children engage with what they have read. Close reading involves careful study of a short text passage – reading, re-reading and questioning the text. Through this process children deepen their critical faculty, which is also essential to help them question and understand their wider world. Complete with a detailed introduction, this book contains 20 suitably complex short texts for close reading, linked to key comprehension objectives and including examples of annotated texts.
- 20 photocopiable short texts designed to build close reading skills
- Engaging, snappy Lexile levelled texts for group, paired or solo reading
- Each text includes comprehension questions and answers linked to the curriculum
- Text marking ideas encourage children to annotate and read strategically
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- 4u2read Michael Morpurgo Pair
- Close Reading: Non-Fiction Teacher's Book Ages 10+
Horrible Histories: Rotten Romans
- The Dare to Be You Journal
- Friends: The Official Friends Coloring Book: The One with 100 Images to Color
- Go Big: The Secondary School Survival Guide
- Tom Crean: Ice Man
- The Girl Who Speaks Bear
Horrible Histories: Awesome Egyptians
Night Bus Hero
- The Hobbit