Fast Forward Purple: Building the Pyramids (Non-fiction) Level 20
Out of stock - due soon
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The great pyramids of Egypt were built more than 4,000 years ago as tombs for the pharaohs, or kings, of the time. The largest of the pyramids was built for Pharaoh Khufu. It is 138 metres tall, which is more than twice as tall as the Sydney Opera House.
Fast Forward Instructional Texts are especially designed for teacher-led guided or shared reading sessions with less-able readers (either individuals or groups at the same level) and form the core of Fast Forward’s finely-levelled approach. Vibrant illustrations and photographs are paired with engaging, varied topics and stories to ensure that there’s something for every type of reader. Audio to accompany each Instructional Text can be downloaded from www.scholastic.co.uk/fastforwardaudio.
Fast Forward books are for struggling readers, but with an interest level of 9-14 years. To ensure that children are given every opportunity to succeed in their reading, the introduction of new words is one new word for every 16 known words (1:16). Unlike levelled reading programmes for younger children, Fast Forward introduces more complex sentences at the earliest levels.
Engage your less confident readers and improve reading attainment with Fast Forward. This series offers a wide range of age-appropriate, high-interest readers for children in Key Stage 2 and 3 who are struggling to make progress with their reading. Each book has been carefully levelled to ensure steady progression with a range of text types introduced which children can use as a model for their own writing.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Fast Forward Purple: Volcanoes (Non-fiction) Level 19
- PM Gold: Oceans, Seas and Coasts PM Plus Non Fiction Level 22&23 Gold
- Fast Forward Green: Plants (Non-fiction) Level 14
- Fast Forward Turquoise: Saving Coral Reefs (Non-fiction) Level 17
- PM Red: My Big Tree (PM Science Facts) Levels 5, 6
- PM Blue: PM Blue: Dentist (PM Non-fiction) Levels 11, 12
- PM Ruby: Where Would We be Without Plants? (PM Plus Non-fiction) Level 27,28
- PM Emerald: Making Art With Light (PM Guided Reading Non-fiction) Level 25
- Fast Forward Silver: Discovering Metals (Non-fiction) Level 23
- Fast Forward Gold: Electricity (Non-fiction) Level 22
- Fast Forward Purple: Life in Ancient Egypt (Non-fiction) Level 20
- Fast Forward Purple: Famous Pharaohs (Non-fiction) Level 20
- PM Green: Stormy Weather (PM Science Facts) Levels 14, 15
- PM Green: Watching Clouds (PM Science Facts) Levels 14, 15
- PM Yellow: Looking for Frogs (PM Stars) Levels 6, 7, 8, 9
- PM Yellow: The Big Ship (PM Stars) Levels 6, 7, 8, 9
- Fast Forward Purple: Pompeii (Non-fiction) Level 19
- Fast Forward Purple: Life in Ancient Rome (Non-fiction) Level 19
- Fast Forward Turquoise: Great Plague of London (Non-fiction) Level 18
- Fast Forward Green: The Water Cycle (Non-fiction) Level 13
6copiesPhilip's Infant School Atlas x 6
- PM Turquoise: At Sea (PM Non-fiction) Levels 18, 19
- PM Purple: Electricity Makes Things Work (PM Plus Non-fiction) Levels 20, 21
- PM Purple: Seasons and Weather (PM Plus Non-fiction) Levels 20, 21
- PM Yellow: PM Yellow: Hermit Crab (PM Storybooks) Level 7
- Scientists Who Made History: Isaac Newton
- PM Blue: The Crab Hunt (PM Photo Stories) Level 11
- Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Prehistoric Sites
- PM Magenta: The Rock Pools (PM Starters) Levels 2, 3
- PM Sapphire: Explosive Volcanoes (PM Guided Reading Non-fiction) Level 30