Buy this and your school gets $2.03 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
- All About You > BAME
- All About You > Books To Make You Think
- All About You > Coping with Death, Grief, and Loss
- All About You > Discrimination
- All About You > Families
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- Fiction > Historical Fiction
- Fiction > Literary Fiction
- Multicultural > Other
- PSHE and Citizenship
Comity is puzzling over one of life’s mysteries: why are people racist? Since her mum died of snakebite, Aboriginal yard boy Fred has been her only friend. Yet her father’s new assistant plays such cruel games with him… A dangerous fight for justice in the remote outback: this is kind of like an Aussie Holes (with an equally creepy villain). Dust, fierce heat, friendship, courage and stellar writing by a truly great storyteller. Plus, how can you argue with a first line like ‘The piano arrived too late to stop the sky falling in’?
- A Carnegie Medal shortlisted novel by Geraldine McCaughrean
- “A clear-sighted, beautifully written examination of racism and courage” – Metro
- Geraldine’s novels include The Kite Rider and Peter Pan in Scarlet
- She has published over 160 books and won a host of major awards
This book contains mature content.
May 1st, 2014
AR book level: 6.1; Middle years; 9.0 points
- 304 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.